Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers Fitted

MacRS200

pillow ball mounts are known for knocking,, some do some dont. you sacrifice performance for a lilttle knocking it woul dseem.

personally i think that its the 2 collars either side of the top mount, or even the top mount knocking onthe bodywork..

pillow ball mounts are known for knocking,, some do some dont.  you sacrifice performance for a lilttle knocking it woul dseem.

personally i think that its the 2 collars  either side of the top mount, or even the top mount knocking onthe bodywork..

I still struggle with this one... :excl: "How" about disconnecting the drop links from the ARB as a form of test....this will prove where the noise exists.

Any ideas with the "knock".... I have to assume that a £1000 for a set of coilovers does not come with a "free" knocking sound! surely in development any issuses that would/ could knock would have been dealt with.

I've done the rounds on a few sites now and there appears to be no general concensus of opinion as to why the knock occurs, apart from that it comes from the valve in the coilover and is possibly related to poor installation (not directed at you Dr B, just what I've read).

Any ideas with the "knock".... I have to assume that a £1000 for a set of coilovers does not come with a "free" knocking sound! surely in development any issuses that would/ could knock would have been dealt with.

I've done the rounds on a few sites now and there appears to be no general concensus of opinion as to why the knock occurs, apart from that it comes from the valve in the coilover and is possibly related to poor installation (not directed at you Dr B, just what I've read).

No offence taken, education needed. What area of poor fitment could result in the knock?

I dunno but it's very annoying! I dont think it's the top mount knocking on the bodywork though, the noises (from mine) don't seem like that.

I think mine does seem more related to maybe ARB component

I was told that the knocking was caused by the rose joints.

IMHO the increase in cornering ability is well worth the little bit of noise.......I turn the stereo up  :P

"come on" ProLex i'm sure you must deal with this area if only in complaint from the product,( not directed to you ) what would you suggest? tell me and i will put it to test...( little professional help )

I was told that the knocking was caused by the rose joints.

IMHO the increase in cornering ability is well worth the little bit of noise.......I turn the stereo up  :P

"come on" ProLex i'm sure you must deal with this area if only in complaint from the product,( not directed to you ) what would you suggest? tell me and i will put it to test...( little professional help )

I was told this by Mark @ Tdi who is better qualified than I to comment.

OEM uses rubber to cushion the mounting points...........so no noise...but tendancy for movment...............TEINs and the others (bar TTE) use metal.......obviously this will have an adverse effect metal/rubber = quiet.........metal/metal = knock knock..........however metal/metal = reduced movement = better handling......to be crude you take your choice & live with it...........

I have no knock at all and i've dropped it more than 90mm before :yahoo:

If i turn the damping over 14 clicks it does get bit clonky, but keep rear damping completely wound down with the fronts 5 clicks.

IIRC the dampers are pressurised for Altezza's and not the IS300 or IS200... maybe the engine weight caused an issue? weird strange queer...

Looks good though mate :)

Once again all reads like the "drop link" Monster Mat what do you think?

The Mrs's Pug had a knock that sounded just like the coilovers.

Took it to the dealer who sorted it under warranty, asked what the problem was once fixed and was told that it was the ARB drop link.

Once again all reads like the "drop link" Monster Mat what do you think?

The Mrs's Pug had a knock that sounded just like the coilovers.

Took it to the dealer who sorted it under warranty, asked what the problem was once fixed and was told that it was the ARB drop link.

What's the ARB drop link :question:

Looks much better on the coilovers mate....

Thanks Zee, i reckon she does.

Still trying to get the damping right, had the back end come off the ground this morning on the motorway going over a little dent, need to back the damping off a bit I think :driving:

What's the ARB drop link  :question:

The Anti Roll Bar drop link is the little arm that connects the wishbones to the anti roll bar.

Was doing some work on the car last week, i had to remove ARB to get to a bolt for s/c....

I only nipped it up without tightening the allen piece that locks up the ARB drop link....

5 mins down the road, CLUNK! turned around went home and tightend that baby up.... no such problems!

so.... might just be loose to begin with... check if there tight.