Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Conversion

Adie

As much as i loved the s/c and how much fun they are, i felt i wanted something faster. Hence one of the reasons for selling it. I was thinking of selling the Lexus and buying a skyline for the added performance. But i love the look of the IS and everything else that it is.

So after not much arm twisting i've decided to go down the turbo conversion route. I had a drive of Dave's (Prolex) car this morning..... Wow.. its sooo much better and sounds great. (Excellent car Dave and superb handling).

Getting very excited and cant wait to have it fitted. Hoping to have it done for JAE although thats not very far off, and i'll be in the turbo club (250 bhp) :D

Thanks to all those for their help and advice especially Dave, Gordon and Marcus :D

Adie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate  :winky: hope alls well with the turbo  :winky: and dave let me have a go in your car PLEASE  :D

:whistling: you know if you do that Gord...................you will want to join our Club :lol: :P

So after not much arm twisting i've decided to go down the turbo conversion route. I had a drive of Dave's (Prolex) car this morning..... Wow.. its sooo much better and sounds great. (Excellent car Dave and superb handling).

tell me about it :D, I remember when he picked me up from the station for my car service, the car was so nice, and I have never seen a turboed lex like his one before and the handling was excellent.

Great to see all of the recent interest in power upgrades! :D

Lexus Sales & Marketing missed the boat right from the start with the IS and handed the sales on a plate to Audi & BMW.

Hopefully the first blown IS300's will be around this side of Christmas! :nuke: M3's beware!

Great to see all of the recent interest in power upgrades!  :D

Lexus Sales & Marketing missed the boat right from the start with the IS and handed the sales on a plate to Audi & BMW.

Hopefully the first blown IS300's will be around this side of Christmas!  :nuke: M3's beware!

think thats a definate possibility :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Well, on a related point, I've got a friend who's trying to sell off his TRD meter hood. He imported it from Japan and the buyer has vanished!! Anyway, it's brand new, so let me know if you're keen and I'll forward you his contacts.

PS. Meters not included!

a0039.JPG

Well, on a related point, I've got a friend who's trying to sell off his TRD meter hood. He imported it from Japan and the buyer has vanished!! Anyway, it's brand new, so let me know if you're keen and I'll forward you his contacts.

PS. Meters not included!

Thanks mate. You have PM :D

Any time Mr H :winky:

Owe you & steve a visit..........must pop up one day

Anytime dave :D your welcome anytime soon :D and Marcus you might be right :ph34r: Dave i will get on the phone to my contacts,(fast car, fast lexus, fast ford, autotrader, etc etc ) get the press there with photo's get all the manchester members to come, one big meet :winky:

Any time Mr H :winky:

Owe you & steve a visit..........must pop up one day

Anytime dave :D your welcome anytime soon :D and Marcus you might be right :ph34r: Dave i will get on the phone to my contacts,(fast car, fast lexus, fast ford, autotrader, etc etc ) get the press there with photo's get all the manchester members to come, one big meet :winky:

sounds like a plan :winky:

Great news, these turbo kits are very nice, they're a lot more subtle under the hood but definitely go better than the SC, plus much better on fuel economy as we saw on the Edinburgh trip - I had to keep stopping for fuel before everyone else :(

^^

Care to expand on the fuel economy bit?

Are people gonna be rushing to buy turbos for better mpg?! :o sounds too good to be true...

on the scottish trip steve walter LED the way in his n/a IS at respectable speeds :winky: at one fuel stop where we all has prev filled up together he did 40 litres me 42 and aido 47

on the way back from carlisle (touring thru lake district included) I got all the way home on a 3/4 of a tank and did 460 before filling up (light had not come on)

at brunters I was trundling around in 4 th gear only.............called torque............wicked

^^

Care to expand on the fuel economy bit?

Are people gonna be rushing to buy turbos for better mpg?! :o sounds too good to be true...

on the scottish trip steve walter LED the way in his n/a IS at respectable speeds :winky: at one fuel stop where we all has prev filled up together he did 40 litres me 42 and aido 47

on the way back from carlisle (touring thru lake district included) I got all the way home on a 3/4 of a tank and did 460 before filling up (light had not come on)

at brunters I was trundling around in 4 th gear only.............called torque............wicked

Thats impressive!!

Best i've managed is 250miles since fitting s/c... Worst 170miles to a tank :sick::ph34r:

PS. Meters not included!

a0039.JPG

Mate i'm interested. Is it for 60mm gauges? You have PM