Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Conversion

Adie

Well, on a related point, I've got a friend who's trying to sell off his TRD meter hood. He imported it from Japan and the buyer has vanished!! Anyway, it's brand new, so let me know if you're keen and I'll forward you his contacts.

PS. Meters not included!

a0039.JPG

Mate i'm interested. Is it for 60mm gauges? You have PM

Aint this for left hand drive cars though as its angled towards the passenger side of the car????? and the fact you got it from America!!!!

Jason :P

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint this for left hand drive cars though as its angled towards the passenger side of the car????? and the fact you got it from America!!!!

Jason :P

I believe TRD gauge housings face straight forward.

But you could be right....

Anybody know ones that fit right hand drive IS then(triple) (60mm gauges)  :question:

my advise mate get the hks dials and get sometthing made like mine or the monsters

there the best by far in my opinion

Cheers mate. I've got the 60mm Greddy electronic peak hold warning gauges and want to fix them where the dash tray goes. What did you use to make your holder?

Anybody know ones that fit right hand drive IS then(triple) (60mm gauges)  :question:

my advise mate get the hks dials and get sometthing made like mine or the monsters

Cheers mate. I've got the 60mm Greddy electronic peak hold warning gauges and want to fix them where the dash tray goes. What did you use to make your holder?

i made my own by canabalising a set of pod holders and liberal use of filler material. looks pretty good.

and its set up for 2 60mm hks gauges, it will be up for grabs once my sat nav unit comes back from geoffers

i made my own by canabalising a set of pod holders and liberal use of filler material. looks pretty good.

and its set up for 2 60mm hks gauges, it will be up for grabs once my sat nav unit comes back from geoffers

Thanks mate, but i'm really after some sort of triple set up. Let me know if you still getting rid of it when you get your sat nav, as i'll still probably be on the look out :blush:

Adie - make your own.  By some cheap triple gauge holders off Ebay.  Then do what Chris has done.  It will be unique to you - and they will be how YOU want them....

Fair point mate :D Right, where's my double sided sticky tape? :P

Adie - make your own.  By some cheap triple gauge holders off Ebay.  Then do what Chris has done.  It will be unique to you - and they will be how YOU want them....

Fair point mate :D Right, where's my double sided sticky tape? :P

Heres one on Ebay for 8 quid!

Looks like a good starting point mate.... ;)

Personally i would spread them a bit different, i would have couple of guages on a pillar, as it is more visible. But i think that is jsut personal preference.

plus the trd ones are demanding top dollar!!

They're not really that pricey. For some bizarre reason, things get marked WAY up by the time it reaches your sunny *ahem* isle.

Anyway, I've already got a few PMs on this meter hood/pod, but I don't want to contravene the rule against non-gold members selling stuff, so I'm not going to disclose the price on the main forum until it's been sold :)

• 4 weeks later...
As much as i loved the s/c and how much fun they are, i felt i wanted something faster. Hence one of the reasons for selling it. I was thinking of selling the Lexus and buying a skyline for the added performance. But i love the look of the IS and everything else that it is.

So after not much arm twisting i've decided to go down the turbo conversion route. I had a drive of Dave's (Prolex) car this morning..... Wow.. its sooo much better and sounds great. (Excellent car Dave and superb handling).

Getting very excited and cant wait to have it fitted. Hoping to have it done for JAE although thats not very far off, and i'll be in the turbo club (250 bhp) :D

So i should have for sale soon :

JDM dash tray

Prolex highly polished s/s sill plates etched Supercharged

De-pre catted manifold.

Thanks to all those for their help and advice especially Dave, Gordon and Marcus :D

Adie

Hey Adie, you still got the JDM dash tray for sale? How much you looking for it?

Lee.

Update... Info from a couple of days ago, so should be more advanced now.. :D

All OEM stuff is off, clutch fitted, anti rolls on............sump being done for oil return...........

manifold has been trial fitted as well............

:D :driving:

bit off topic here...but how much would it cost in total to get a turbo conversion. Is it as simple as buyng a turbo kit and getting it fitted or do you need your bottom end harded, new head gasket etc etc? I guess what im really asking is- What needs doing and how much would it cost inc fitting? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links