Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xenon Light Intermitting Failure

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a ls430, and only notice today that the driverside Xenon light keeps switching itself off while the passenger side is still on. This is when lights are on manually not auto. The light seem to switch off after about 3 - 5 min and then back on at a later time.

Has anyone seen this problem? Your help is needed urgently.

21 views but no one able to help?  Can someone please help?  :tomato:

This isnt the answer you may have been looking for but if you call into a Lexus dealer and get them to have a look they will tell you whats wrong, and then you can decide if you want to pay them or just do it yourself, \often they will diagnose over the phone.

Me personally I have used a local Auto Electrical Co where I live for any such problems and have for aound 15 years now and they fix ANYTHING electrical on any car, usually with no fuss no rip-offs. If you live near me (northampton) I can give you the number if your interested or there will be a similar place in most towns I would guess.

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

I too have recently developed this problem - well at least my car has - hehe.

Can anyone throw any further light on the problem since 2005?

Basically my n/s Xenon starts up as normal but turns off after about 5 minutes. If I switch the lights off and on again it lights up properly for another 5 minutes.

btw the dashboard warning system does not report the light as having failed.

Kind regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Not seen or heard of any particular cause but 1st check the wiring to the bulb and ballast and also the fuse if it supplies individual headlights ( owner manual).

You could try wiggling the wiring to see if the fault appears and gently tapping the headlight unit.

I suppose the bulbs don't last forever so could be on it's way out or again same with the ballast

• 5 weeks later...
THanks Steve,

Having looked at the prices of light computers I'm going to replace the bulb as the old one has done 186,000 miles and I drive with them on all the time.

Regards,

Mike

This same intermittent problem has also recently manifested itself on my 2002 LS430. In my case, I keep the headlight controls permanently on auto. Every now and again (say once every two days) on a 10 mile run, I suddenly notice that the offside Xenon headlight has gone out. I'm probably not catching the fault immediately but I find that switching the lights off and then back on makes it work again, or sometimes switching from auto to manual headlights does the trick. My LS has done 135K miles so it might just be the bulb reaching the end of its life - hope springs eternal!

I'm going to take it to Lexus Woodford if it continues or gets worse but it's failed pretty much as described over the last two or three weeks. I'll report back, but in the meantime, I wonder if anyone else has had this fault diagnosed and repaired.

Cheers

Dave