Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plasma Screen TV

tdiplc

Johhny-Boy, I don't know what size is best. I'm a gadget freak and money does no good in the bank.

Interesting about the turning off thing...

Playa, yes the very this screens. The cheapest I have seen is about £2500 plus vat.

42" Plasma screens.

I occasionally actually sell these.

They are down to about £2,500 +VAT

- but beware....... you have to pay more to extend the warranty past 12 months & the screen has a limited life. This is based around "on-time" - and I have forgotten if that means 20,000 or 50,000 hours average.

Also expect to pay more for wall brackets, floor stands, speakers etc.... and some models do not have a tuner built in - i.e. you need a video recorder to tune channels.

You do get loads of different connections at the back as standard though.

We watched the last world cup on a plasma - perfect for a party of people.

Mark ...

They are no good :P

There - that's killed that one :D

I was very tempted too but if you sit and watch them for a while,

the picture just ain't as good as on a conventional tube.

Plumped for a 32" widescreen Loewe TV instead - delivered last Saturday.

I wanted a black tv - can't be doing with all this cheap looking 70's style silver junk

:mad:

Have you thought about going the whole hog and getting a projector :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tdiplc

Thanks for the advice guys.

I was banging on Currys door at 10am on Sunday morning. They do a 42" Samsung for £2999. Unless anyone tells me that they are no good, I'm going to bite their hands off at the weekend.

I really like them and I know a couple of people that have them and are very happy. Have you checked any of the TV/HiFI magazine's to see how the Samsung compares to others?

Ive got just the place for one in my living room, have just got to persuade my wife to part with the money. I've had a demo of a Panasonic 42", and that was very good, so 42" or 54" would suite me!

Richer Sounds say they sell the cheapest.

Have a look at http://www.prestige-audio.co.uk/img/home/home.htm

Ive also thought about a rear projector instead. http://www.projectors.co.uk/

I can't resist one but I'm prepared too wait 6 months for the technology to improve as they get updated all the time.

My well informed cousin tells me the picture quality starts to fail after about 2 years...so make sure you get an iron cast warranty....the kind that gives you a new TV even if a fly skates across your screen!!

Thankfully my wife likes them so ....just another 6 months for the improved model!:smilegrin:

one of my dads friends that makes chicken kebabs for the shops and alton towers has a HUGE MANSION. went to see it the other week when i gave his son a lift home from a club.

he has got plasma screens in every room and there are some rooms in that place. kitchen etc. in the basement where the swimming pool and jacuzzi was (a fire erupted as they were asleep in the basement for some reason and did £500000 damage) he had a cinema screen so you can see it in the pool and jacuzzi. dad said the cinema screen was good and the plasma screens were ace.(dnt know what make they was though)

ace house not finished yet though he got a garage with roulette table in, an astro turf pitch with spotlights all round behind the kitchen.

Talk about BIG PIMPIN BABY B)