Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Undercar Neons

badboy_bazz

2 points...

Firstly, dont.

really dont, they are chavvy regardless of the car - on a Lexus, thats pretty much sacrilidge (sp?)

so dont, under any circumstances.

secondly, any lights from the front of the car should be white, from the rear red - any other colours are illegal.

From the side is a grey area - you cant display blue, as that is an emergency vehicle colour - but any other, there is no specific law against it, well, expect from the taste police...

but regardless, dont do it...

2 points...

Firstly, dont.

really dont, they are chavvy regardless of the car - on a Lexus, thats pretty much sacrilidge (sp?)

secondly, any lights from the front of the car should be white, from the rear red - any other colours are illegal.

From the side is a grey area - you cant display blue, as that is an emergency vehicle colour - but any other, there is no specific law against it, well, expect from the taste police...

the main thing in the grey area, is that the light source shouldnt be visable........

:tomato: Don't hate me for this but i do have neons, as i confess to being rather chavvy, but they do compliment the car colour!!!

In my defence they ain't Halfords crap they are Varad Red LED Bars and they do look the business, in my opinion :tomato:

As far as the law goes its a touchy subject the 50 could pull you or not, even they ain't sure :lol: I only put my undercar leds on in car parks and meets and shows - generally :winky: :whistling: :winky:

Have had them on mine now for nearly 3 years, all round underneath plus the Angel Eyes (avatar) with the side lights, have near been pulled but also have near had them on while driving on the roads.

:tomato: Don't hate me for this but i do have neons, as i confess to being rather chavvy, but they do compliment the car colour!!!

:winky:  :whistling:  :winky:

Do you also have those really nice LED washer jets? Keep meaning ahemmm to get some myself :lol::lol::lol:

No even i know where to draw the line.....usually :lol:

:winky:  :whistling:  :winky:

Do you also have those really nice LED washer jets? Keep meaning ahemmm to get some myself :lol::lol::lol:

No even i know where to draw the line.....usually :lol:

time will tell :shutit:

2 points...

Firstly, dont.

You are not allowed 'white to the rear' or 'red to the front' - thats it full stop.

There is nothing in the Road Traffic Act that prevents any other colour from being displayed.

Blue is only illegal for rotating beacons or any other light intended to resemble an emergency warning beacon. Many taxi companies here use blue lit signs on the roof of their cars and there is nothing we can do about it.

Dont' let any police officer tell you different - its a common misconception.