Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Wax

Grangey

My one beef with Lexus is the quality of finnish of the wheels. I have had many cMy Rangey is over ten years old and yet it's wheels are Immaculate!

Why are these british alloys better than the TQM'd Japanese kit? Makes no sense. I mean the Rangy goes of road as much as on. gets cleaned monthy as opposed to more than once a week....

Maybe I have over cleaned the Lex..?

Loz

Aha, Rodders!

So we have found the achillies heel.

Do you think its worth buying after-market wheels for such a prestige car? I always think they only really belong on trashy hot hatchs. I mean, you'd never expect a Bentley or a Ferarri to have a set of 20" Momos now would you?

Playa, Don't even think about addressing this one!

Loz

Originally posted by Loz

Aha, Rodders!

Do you think its worth buying after-market wheels for such a prestige car? I always think they only really belong on trashy hot hatchs. I mean, you'd never expect a Bentley or a Ferarri to have a set of 20" Momos now would you?

Loz

Well, I certainly did on mine mate - put some Mille Miglia Evos on there - they get lots of positive comments.

Originally posted by Loz

Aha, Rodders!

Do you think its worth buying after-market wheels for such a prestige car?  I always think they only really belong on trashy hot hatchs. I mean, you'd never expect a Bentley or a Ferarri to have a set of 20" Momos now would you?

Loz

Bentley@Arnage.jpg

what you tryin to say Loz hmmm??

Image added 19/10/02 by Matthew_McNally, after forum upgrades

Hope the wheel wax suddenly gives me 19" wheels :cool:

I've just bought some teflon polish for my alloys and am hoping it'll help protect them against the brake dust. Apparently you can use it on paintwork too, but I'm a little dubious - looks like it could be tough to polish off :?:

BRN7Y The 19s on your black beast help the car look very smart. I think the GS is a bit too "old mans car" for that look though...

Reckon the GS and LS are "sedate" but the IS and SC are rip-snorting gangsta league motors. The IS because the BMW 3Series has been hijacked by the "wrong element" and the SC430 because, Well you could have bought a used 355 Ferarri but you got a proper car instead!

Thanks for all your feedback. I shall be keeping mine till they fall off...

Loz

I think the IS really lends its self to the custom treatment. Only prob with this is that as they become more affordable they will become the donor car for some ALI G type project street pimpin' mobile....

Not really what anyone here is aspiring to I suspect.

Need to launch a counter strike now and show pictures of John Major and Edwina Currie, Low riding in IS 200 Sports with phat rims and Liquorice tyres...

PLaya, would you donate your car for the photo shoot??

Loz