Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Preorder Is250

Hi I'm new to forum.

I've been thinking of pre-ordering the IS250 in Nov.

My dealer says he will take PX off me now and all i have to do is leave deposit for new car. The car i have is the E220cdi Avantgarde with good spec and is worth about 21-22 private sale but about 20500 PX. Will i get a good price since a trader only offered 18.5K. i have no experience of Lexus dealers...will they retail this car since its an Excec model?

any ideas?

Not sure about the Merc., has he given you the price for the IS250, or are you buying it blind?

Yes i'm buying it blind since the prices are not finalised yet till end of month.

He says around 24K for SE. The only option i need is auto and leather/xenons.

He also tells me that service on IS is usually about 150-250 quid which is a very cheap...cf to the Mbz. since i only do 6-8k miles a year the diesel is not going to be cost effective....and going from petrol to diesel with the Merc hasn't been a good experience.

I have seen pics and think that moving to Lexus from the new E class interior will not be much diff in quality feel. The exterior looks of IS are more sporty and youthful...i'm still in my 30s yet.

I too am new to the forum and placed a deposit on an IS250 this week :)

You mentioned the price of the SE and Auto & leather & Xenons being options. Did the dealer tell you that Xenons would be optional? I thought they were standard?

Have you had any other info about specs? (Will Sat Nav be standard on the SE?)

I too am new to the forum and placed a deposit on an IS250 this week :)

You mentioned the price of the SE and Auto & leather & Xenons being options. Did the dealer tell you that Xenons would be optional? I thought they were standard?

Have you had any other info about specs? (Will Sat Nav be standard on the SE?)

No he was very vague.

I think the SE will have leather and HID lamps and have auto option.

SEL will probably have DVD touch sat nav included and sunroof etc...just guessing on that. Prices avail next week.

I exepect the SEL will also have the Mark Levinson stero as standard,

I wonder how much extra the SEL will be over the SE. Did the dealer state that the prices will be officially announced next week?

I exepect the SEL will also have the Mark Levinson stero as standard,

I wonder how much extra the SEL will be over the SE. Did the dealer state that the prices will be officially announced next week?

The prices were to be announced this week but a delay means it will be next week the dealer has said.

Anyway the dealer has offered me 19.5k for the Merc. Its book value is around that. The extras of leather, and low mileage full FSH should add a bit more....anyway i might accept around 20K. Means the cost to change is around 5-6K. I'll have a brand new car with all the technology in the E class and more with a full 3yrs warranty and low service cost. The only snag is the depreciation on the new car cf to the older Mbz if i don't keep it for long.

this info was released along with the pictures on the 1st of march

MODELS

IS350 RWD

IS250 RWD

IS250 RWD, 6 speed Manual

IS250 AWD, 6 Speed sequential shift Auto.

Std features

Smart Access

Optitron Instrument Cluster

Power Tilt/Telescopic Wheel

Audio, Bluetooth, Voice Activation and Display Controls on Steering Wheel

10-Way power seats with memory for driver and passenger

Wood and Metal trim interior

Dual Zone Auto Climate Control

Mini Plug accessory Connector

Illuminated Scuff Plates on door sills

AM/FM/CD, 13-speaker audio system

Options

Ventilated Seats

Touch Screen-Voice Activated Nav

Mark Levinson

Adaptive Cruise Control

Park Assist

Rain sensing Wipers with Headlamp washers

Power rear sunshade

opps forgot to mention the infos  from the US..

Mike I think the 350 will eventually come to the UK (once the hype on the 250 and 220  has died down ;) )

Anyone know what the fuel consumption will be like for the 250 and what ins group are IS...mines a 14 at the moment.

0-60 in 7.2 s is pretty quick for the 250...wonder how quick the the Is220d will be? Being a 4 pot i guess it will be less refined than the V6 diesels in the c320cdi.

Options

Ventilated Seats

Touch Screen-Voice Activated Nav

Mark Levinson

Adaptive Cruise Control

Park Assist

Rain sensing Wipers with Headlamp washers

Power rear sunshade

I've just been on an open day with Lexus Liverpool and to be honest I couldn't tell any difference with the Mark Levinson stereo (as heard in LS, GS & SC430) over the standard, but hey that's my opinion, I would imagine the new standard IS will have a fantastic stereo anyway. Park Assist if like the new GS & LS is absolutely fanstastic and a must for anybody willing to spend £24k on a car. If the power rear sunshade is the same as the LS then I think it's a bit 90's and tacky (you remeber those black sunshades that you suckered to your windscreen - well it's the same as that).

Is leather standard???

I asked the guys at Liverpool about IS250 prices and they wouldn't even give me a ball park figure!!!

Mike I think the 350 will eventually come to the UK (once the hype on the 250 and 220  has died down ;) )

The IS350 looks impressive judging by the reviews on IS300.net but what puts me off is the "Nanny" VDIM system. I reckon it'll be at least 2-3 years before they bring it to Europe anyway.

Anyone know what the fuel consumption will be like for the 250 and what ins group are IS...mines a 14 at the moment.

0-60 in 7.2 s is pretty quick for the 250...wonder how quick the the Is220d will be? Being a 4 pot i guess it will be less refined than the V6 diesels in the c320cdi.

The IS250 should be able to reach 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 8.4 secs (pretty close from IS300), while the IS220D which shares the Avensis diesel engine, will need 8.6 secs.

Newb here,

just looking at an IS250 as a more suitable option to the 300....

I've been talking to the dealers this week (bolton) who have been brilliant by the way (Mike Tighe), thinks I would prefer a 250 to a 300...

I'm waiting to see prices and specs for the cars they will get before I put my preorder down - then confirm subject to test drive (late October)...

The standard stereo according to the pre-release brochure is a 13 speaker pioneer 6CD with MP3 and WMA support - something the 14 speaker ML doesn't have. There is an autoexpress first drive that suggests BMW should be worried with the 3 series.

The optional satnav looks very like the GS one - indeed the centre console is very similar- although the IS still has the handbrake. It also doesn't get the pull down hidden buttons on the GS these functions seem to be on the door.

The 6-speed auto gets a flappy paddle setup...

the seats have optional heating and fan assisted ventilation...

leather appears to be optional.

The IS250 doesn't get VDIM the diesel will as an option but won't be here until 06.

The IS gets the keyless go from the GS and LED based cabin lights.

the 250 is rated @ 204hp @ 6400 with 250nm torque @ 3800 - sounds good to me.

Simon.

Newb here,

just looking at an IS250 as a more suitable option to the 300....

I've been talking to the dealers this week (bolton) who have been brilliant by the way (Mike Tighe), thinks I would prefer a 250 to a 300...

I'm waiting to see prices and specs for the cars they will get before I put my preorder down - then confirm subject to test drive (late October)...

The standard stereo according to the pre-release brochure is a 13 speaker pioneer 6CD with MP3 and WMA support - something the 14 speaker ML doesn't have.  There is an autoexpress first drive that suggests BMW should be worried with the 3 series.

The optional satnav looks very like the GS one - indeed the centre console is very similar- although the IS still has the handbrake. It also doesn't get the pull down hidden buttons on the GS these functions seem to be on the door.

The 6-speed auto gets a flappy paddle setup...

If the Is250 is 0-60 in 8.4s then thats pretty slow....I mean 204hp and its takes 8.4 s

The same engine in the GS(rated at 250ish) takes 7.2s and GS is heavier too. I would asume its 7.5s.

Also i'm told the IS220d has a brand new diesel for lexus not use in toyota so how come its an avensis one.

the seats have optional heating and fan assisted ventilation...

leather appears to be optional.

The IS250 doesn't get VDIM the diesel will as an option but won't be here until 06.

The IS gets the keyless go from the GS and LED based cabin lights.

the 250 is rated @ 204hp @ 6400 with 250nm torque @ 3800 - sounds good to me.

Simon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links