Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Red Light Spells Danger!

Hi all,

just looking to find out how much miles is left once the red fuel light comes on.

I am seriously ****** off about the ongoing rise of fuel costs and the "war in Iraq"

"civil unrest in Nigeria" excuses they dream up. What ever happened to were greedy b*****ds!

Anyway rant over. :offtopic:

I think at least 2 gallons so enough for about another 50 miles though I've never dared do more than about 25. I guess the way to do it is fill up as soon as it gets to red and subtract the litres put in from the capacity to find out exactly how much. I haven't done this yet as usually I'm miles from a petrol station :crybaby:

Between £0.85 and £0.90

Im willing to bet 50p that Unleaded will rise to £1.00 by xmas. The UK is the only country in Europe where Diesal is more expensive than Petrol.

Know what you mean, f**ks me off to!!! :angry:

javadude>>>than it is cheap! say i am crazy? no i am not! You get normal payment for job, so it is cheap comparing to my country policy:) You are lucky people

kazdul, don't worry, my country is very close to you, i think diesel is more expencive than petrol in my country too, few months ago it really was! So You're not alone:)

I've only come close to running out once - managed 15 miles after the light came on. That was taking it really easy at 15mph to the nearest fuel station - tank took 56 litres, so I was almost driving on vapour :o

I've only come close to running out once - managed 15 miles after the light came on. That was taking it really easy at 15mph to the nearest fuel station - tank took 56 litres, so I was almost driving on vapour  :o

i managed about 25-30 miles once....taking it really slow...just made it to the petrol station :mat:

Actually, prices of 0.85-0.90p isn't that great of an increase over the past 24months (basically since the crude oil prices have soared). Pump prices have gone up from $1.2 to $1.7 in the past 24months here.. *sob*

From moment light comes on you are still safe for at least 50 more miles..... :winky:

I've driven to and from work and back in the next day which is approx 60 miles............. mind you that was cutting it fine :crybaby::crybaby: , each time I turned to the right for the last few miles the car spluttered (fuel line in tank must exit on right :question: )............. when I filled up I put 68.9 litres in :shifty:

My light comes on when there is approx 11 litres left whcih based on 23mpg average :ohmy: gets you 55 miles or so :geek:

sorry bit lost by all this are we talking about uk litres or US (and most other countries????

just cos there differnet measurents and im bit lost about the $ mark furtehr up :blush:

Litres are litres, 1000 cubic centimetres, it's gallons that are different.

sorry bit lost by all this are we talking about uk litres or US (and most other countries????

just cos there differnet measurents and im bit lost about the $ mark furtehr up :blush:

Litres are litres, 1000 cubic centimetres, it's gallons that are different.

cheers makes more sense now think i should go back to school

oops. forgot to mention, I was referring to a price increase from $1.2 to $1.7 per lit in Singapore Dollars (which is roughly going for S$3 = GBP1 nowadays). I mentioned it because I was living in the UK (leicester) from about the middle of 2003 to 2004, and I recall prices being around 80p or thereabouts. So if you're telling me that prices are 90p nowadays, then it has "only" increased by some 12-15% vs the 40-50% increase over here.