Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

...i think i'm on the verge of making a BMW driver jump shi

willtang

My older brother owns a 328 convertible which he loves to bits and but since March of this year, when I upgraded from a Peugeot 306DT to IS200sport there has been a bit of 'brotherly rivalry' between us.

Chatting to him last week he said that his missus was totally against the idea of him upgrading to his dream car an M3, since they had no garage to put the lil' puppy in and she was afraid of the whole car jacking thing (very common in these parts) He said that he threw the whole M3 idea out the window and was going to go for a 330CI, so as an alternative I suggested he should try out the IS300. He liked the idea of this, so like a trooper I emailed across to him the spec sheets etc.

He had the car for 3 hours Tuesday, picking me up from work at lunchtime for a quick spin around the block, he loved the new front grill, backside but was a little disappointed with the lack of side skirts and was a little put off with the auto transmission.

Anyway, I called him a few hours later to see how he got on.

"So what did you think?"

"The car is quick! I was on a road with 2 cars in front of me. I switched it manual/auto, dropped a gear and floored it and just flew past these 2 cars! But it felt like a really 'safe speed', I couldn't believe how quiet the engine sounded! It wasn't straining at all. And it stuck to the road like glue"

I saw him that evening and believe me, I never seen someone grin so much! It got the complete thumbs up by his missus, but there are a few things, which stand in the way...

Quote " 1. The lex drinks like an alcoholic.

2. In my opinion the best colour combination for a lex is black with oakham interior, which you already have!

3. You already have a lex.

4. You already have a lex!!"

And lastly, he’s got a 330CI booked out for a tester next week. On paper, after spec-ing up his 330CI will cost a whopping 37K as opposed to the IS300 which will land at 30K.

…. Lets all hope he makes the RIGHT choice.

…. I’ll keep you posted…

so hes seen the light

lets just hope he follows it into the lexus lifestyle -livin it up wit a car that makes ppl go ' ***** whats that its **** gorgeous'

and the ladies go' mmmmmmm nice car, nice driver aswell'............

some good *****

:D

Don't think any laydeez look at me much (I hope not :o), but my car certainly attracts lots of attention and admiring glances. And nose prints on the windows when people peer in after I've parked up. :rolleyes:

But hey, why I am I telling you lot this - you already know that feeling well! I should go and post on a BMW site :lol:

Oh yes!!

this old Chestnut. I have a chappy at work who drives a BMW520i SE. He had a trip from Sheffield to Bristol and back in My GS300 S ( entry level spec..;) ) and is now seriously thinking about a GS or IS as his next motor. Quote: " Got back in mine and it felt a bit spartan" ...." Yours is more.... Fussy" ... "Didn't realise how quite yours was until I got back into mine..."

I'd never EVER have a 5 series over a GS300 SE unless it was an M5 but then I would have an LS430 over the M5. No Contest. One is a really ******* GOOD Car, the other........is a BMW...

Simple.

Loz

***Profanity Edited By Admin***

Originally posted by Loz

I'd never EVER have a 5 series over a GS300 SE unless it was an M5 but then I would have an LS430 over the M5.

shameful admission time.

I had a 530d for a while (long story), and was not impressed at all.

it was a nice car - I'm not going to lie and say it was a P.OS.

It was an auto, nice some gearchange (as you would expect with a 3.0l engine), and was really quiet for any car, never mind a diesel.

Acceleration and kickdown was nice (although the IS300 I drove was significantly faster), but it just drove like a barge.

had heard a lot about the legendary BMW handling, so maybe I was expecting too much, but this was a large, heavy car - and it felt like you were driving a large heavy car.

It wasn't difficult to steer - it was very easy - just the car felt like you had too much assistance steering the car.

You could tell it was heavy - but it felt too easy to steer - very strange.

To some degree the handling seemed disassociated from the car.

Difficult to describe (obviously).

The IS is a significantly better car to drive.

The BMW would leave my IS200 standing in a straight line (would be up against it with the IS300), but given a bendy enough road, the IS would really give it a run for the money.

I have had the following:

318I 4door

320i 2dr

323CI 2dr

325I Convertible

Not to mention...

280 SL Merc

C180

C200

E220 Cabriolet

CLK 320 Coupe

The SL280 is the only one I would have over my current choice of ride. it did however, cost £58k nearly 5 times the cost of my Lexus... I think u get the idea!

BMW coupes are fun to drive but slip slide and wallow abit.

Mercs, nice steady drive, great auto boxes but handle like a transit van.

Lexus:

well the power is down on the T5 I had before but in every other respect, It Rules! handling is fine and the VSC confidence inspiring. the comfort, unsurpassed in its class.

But then if u've read my reveiw or have one of these then you know it.

Only downside? It says "toyota" on the glass.

Loz

:kiss::flaming::wow::o:o:P:?::?:

Originally posted by Rodders_UK
Originally posted by andyhart21
Originally posted by Claire G

Don't think any laydeez look at me much (I hope not :o),

Dont knock it 'till you've tried it Claire!!!:o

Can I watch?:lol::bounce::lol:

Hey, perhaps I can raise some money for my future LS430 :o

I'll start the bidding at a quid :lol:

I'll start the bidding at a quid :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links