Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Query (legal)

Ruskie

Stating one occupation and doing another would definitely invalidate your policy.

If they found out. They would probably only ask for proof of your occupation if the claim was a dodgy one. The only reason they ask your occupation in the first place is to scale your premium.

i.e. A police officer would pay a higher rate than a bricklayer.

It would not automatically involve the police, unless you were intent on making a fraudulant claim and you knowingly gave false information to do this.

How would it make a difference to a claim, the one claim i've had i was never asked any questions!!!,the car just went through the b/shop and was repaired....no questions asked.

It may be a different story if you were using it for business purposes,when you are only insured for S.D.P and travelling to/from a place of business.

People change jobs all the time,dont they :unsure:

How could a insurance company find out if i was to lie about my job? Would it invalidate my policy? Potential police charge of fraud?  :shifty:

It very much depends on the insurance company. I work with a variety of them on a daily basis and each have different protocols.

Yes, it may invalidate any claim if you have told lies and if so, you may find another insurance company won't touch you with a bargepole. On the other hand, if you had a claim, you could find that the insurnace company would just reduce the amount they would be willing to pay out. For example, if your vehicle did not have a valid MOT they may reduce their payout by say 10 or 20%. Suffice to say that any future premiums would skyrocket, cause you are a liar.

The police would not be involved, its a civil issue, unless it is part of a large fraudulent scheme.

Insurance companies work in mysterious ways - contrary to common belief, they will payout on almost anything.

What about in certain situations where there is no job description that fits me

had this problem with the bank for mortgage, there is no occupation catergory for me

what do you, do may i ask ?

fraudster ! :D :) :D

nah ! thats covered by solicitors and accountants :lol:

well i am an electrical engineer, who does consultancy, and work on PLC's, as well as network rail consultant on R and D. Currently working on a project for High Voltage Systems.

So im an electrical engineer

a electronics engineer (kinda with PLC's)

fleet consultant for network rail

and project manager for high voltage systems.

Oh and i do a bit of buying and selling of a few bits and pieces mainly metals.

well i am an electrical engineer, who does consultancy, and work on PLC's, as well as network rail consultant on R and D. Currently working on a project for High Voltage Systems.

So im an electrical engineer

a electronics engineer (kinda with PLC's)

fleet consultant for network rail

and project manager for high voltage systems.

Oh and i do a bit of buying and selling of a few bits and pieces mainly metals.

So you therefore fall into the category of Engineer (Electrical). What's so secret squirrel about that? :duh:

I doubt if it matters if your occupation makes much difference if it covers a variety of roles.

More like you put down a low risk occupation (Teacher, Doctor) when in fact you are a high risk Rock Star or Footballer

How could a insurance company find out if i was to lie about my job? Would it invalidate my policy? Potential police charge of fraud?  :shifty:

Accuracy of information is important

I understand that where the insurance requires supply of information relating to other people who may be insured under the contract, the information must be accurate and factual to enable correct assessment of the risk. I confirm that I have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal details to its4me and their insurer.

Making false statements, failing to reveal or withholding relevant information is illegal when done to obtain a certificate of Insurance and can make the insurance invalid. This may result in a claim not being paid and your insurer seeking repayment of any amount they are legally required to pay to third parties, if you are not sure if you need to tell us about certain facts, you should provide the information regardless. You must keep us informed of any changes likely to affect your insurance.

Withholding information or giving false information is now an ARRESTABLE OFFENCE under the road traffic act.

hope this helps.

My occupation affects me badly. I have a mate same age (23) with 1 years ncb who drives a BMW320 conv worth approx 24k he pays £1000, i own a £6000k IS with mods and pay £1200 even though i have 4 years no claims. Robbing bastards and to put my missus on it cost me another £500.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links