Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gigs n Stuff

andyhart21

I went to see Supergrass at Rock City, Nottingham last night and they were blinkin' fantastic:yes:

I was just wondering what are the best gigs/concerts/festivals etc. that you guys have been to?

Mine was Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath at Ozzfest 1998 in Milton Keynes

been to see p diddy couple of years ago that was ace plenty of special effects and stuff.

went to the Usher concert earlier this year that was ace

going to a 112 concert next tuesday at birmingham academy

the songs are ace and you should see the women at these places:D

usher had the best female audience

all fun and games

in my youth, I was a regular at the Monsters of Rock Festival at Donnington.

One of the highlights was Aerosmith and Jimmy Page doing (if my JD addled memory serves) "Train Kept a Rollin"

Aerosmith ruled - and this was just the icing on the cake.

I have just put the new "Best of" CD's in the car, and can regularly be seen flying down the M53 / M56 to work hollering along to Toys in the Attic!

Originally posted by Matthew_McNally

in my youth, I was a regular at the Monsters of Rock Festival at Donnington.

One of the highlights was Aerosmith and Jimmy Page doing (if my JD addled memory serves) "Train Kept a Rollin"

Aerosmith ruled - and this was just the icing on the cake.

I have just put the new "Best of" CD's in the car, and can regularly be seen flying down the M53 / M56 to work hollering along to Toys in the Attic!

A man after my own heart....that's a great album :cool:

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

yep they did...it was in hamburg last year,my old man was a roady for them for there european tour.........thats where i saw the black crows aswell........had "access all areas" passes

Superb!

sounds great.

Seen the crows at Donnington too - but they weren't really cookin that day.

They were OK - but were on too early, and were followed by Metallica, who can blow anyone off the stage - so the crows didn't come across too good that day.

Mind you - Hot to Handle always goes down well.

Originally posted by Matthew_McNally

They were OK - but were on too early, and were followed by Metallica, who can blow anyone off the stage - so the crows didn't come across too good that day.

A man with good taste in music! I have been to see Metallica twice (MOR '95 and Poor Touring me in '96) and they were fantastic. The Poor Touring Me show was fantastic and had loads of pyro - its the same show as seen on the 'Cunning Stunts' DVD (watch it if you get chance, it is excellent). The whole set collapses at the end in a shower of sparks and loads of fire, there is people falling from the lighting rigs, people on fire etc. I really thought it was for real and there had been some terrible accident!!

Another Donny regular - my first was '88 when Maiden headlined - joined by Kiss, DLRoth, Megadeth, GNR, Slayer, Helloween - happy days!!

Best hmmmmmm - too many - I enjoyed the 'close contact' being sat on the stage at a (don't laugh) TigerTails gig - and getting chatted up by one of the band members at the bar - lol........... Donington with Whitesnake headlineing, Thunder, BCrows, Poison (who were v poor) etc. I too saw Steven Tyler and J Page steal the stage - class!!!

Seeing G'n'R in Sydney was pretty special too - taking my little cousin to her first rock gig.

Aetosmith are such a great band and pure entertainers - as for Tyler - how old? How fit?!!!!??

Best hmmmmmm - too many - I enjoyed the 'close contact' being sat on the stage at a (don't laugh) TigerTails gig - and getting chatted up by one of the band members at the bar

Don't remember seeing you at Doninigton UV!

:lol::lol:

As "a lad" we used to go all over the place to gigs - usually metal acts.

We got stuck in Manchester one night after missing the last train, and ended up spending best part of the night with the guys from Suicidal Tendencies.

They were a really cool bunch, we hung out and drank even more alcohol - and they were trying to talk us into coming with them one the road to the next gig!

Unfortunately, a few of us (including me) had work the following day, so had to refuse :(

Instead, I was able to get the first train back to home (NB - you cannot sleep in Picadilly station), get a bus home, get changed into work clothes, bus back into town, and get into work still drunk.

All in all - a good night out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links