Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hahahahahahahahaha

NotoriousREV

As you know, I'm selling my Lexus, and I was seriously considering a Skoda Octavia RS.

Just got the part-ex valuation: £10,500. Um, OK, yeah, you buy it for that, then I'll watch you sell it for £15,000.

They just lost themselves a sale through being morons.

The book price on trade-in (even with high miles) is £13,500.

Skoda dealers image

you mean to say that you asked them how much they would buy your lexus for as a trade in for a Skoda.

I am not saying anything! :smilegrin::smilegrin:

Did i read that last post correctly... i am stunned! :smilegrin::smilegrin::smilegrin:

You better off importing a japanese import... man i have nothing against Skoda... but trading in a lexus for a Skoda would not be good! :tumble:

As richie said.. get a SC 250 turbo, you will have big time fun in that and still keep the prestige badge (yep badge!)

I have been in a SC and they are very nice!

I can find loads of them for you .. look for Toyota Soarer

But i would think your were nuts trading for Skoda.. sorry man :smilegrin:

My two pence worth

As richie said.. get a SC 250 turbo, you will have big time fun in that and still keep the prestige badge (yep badge!)

I have been in a SC and they are very nice!

I think Richie means keep the IS200 and bolt a Supercharger to it :tumble:

yeah.. but also consider these options

What car do you drive?

Lexus = Wow .. nice car (they think.. he is wealthy)

Skoda= ahahahahaahaha (think of the old jokes in their head...)

Credibility (street cred)

lexus = big time up there

Skoda = Their still laughing

i can think of a hundred things...

I think you should take a look at this... it is the team Lexus Guidance Chart

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/consumer.htm

:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited on 12-2-2002 by Administrator]

Ahhh be fair - the RS isn't a bad car at all - I personally wouldn't swap my IS200 for one, but they are not a bad car at all!!!

Why not keep the Lexus for nice transport - and use the bike for fast stuff?

I do admit, I love the Lexus for what I use it for, but coming home tonight, I was feeling playful, and being used to more revs/power - I hit the limiter twice - Oooops.... and there was me keeping under 4k rpm for the first 1,000 miles, ahhh well - lasted till 869 !:smilegrin:

Ahhh be fair - the RS isn't a bad car at all - I personally wouldn't swap my IS200 for one, but they are not a bad car at all!!!

Why not keep the Lexus for nice transport - and use the bike for fast stuff?

I do admit, I love the Lexus for what I use it for, but coming home tonight, I was feeling playful, and being used to more revs/power - I hit the limiter twice - Oooops.... and there was me keeping under 4k rpm for the first 1,000 miles, ahhh well - lasted till 869 !:smilegrin:

Problem is, I like fast stuff all the time. I think a lot of it is because I've never owned a car this long before (if you've seen my list in the Worst Car post, there's like 22 cars in 10 years :D )

Status isn't big issue for me, although it will be hard to go from a Lexus to a lesser marque. I'd actually find it harder to go to a Ford or a Vauxhall than to a Skoda. Weird, huh?

you can buy a second hand Supra for 10K

Also I would not buy new.. you might as well throw a grand out of the window as soon as you leave the forecourt.

for 10K you can pick up some nice sporty numbers and have alot of fun! and then still sell that car for 10k a year later. With a new Skoda you cant.

Perforance jap motors will always hold good value!

Yep - I know what you mean - I like fast stuff too..... hence my Hondas.

I agree with what "Administrator" says too... despite the fact I bought the IS200 new, I usually always advocate that you should let some other mug take the first couple of years depreciation.

I of course would point you towards a nice Honda - Integra Type R perhaps, but also I like the FTOs - GPX Mivec with manual rather than tiptronic would be a good car.....

Why not hang on to the IS200 - then have a good look around at the shows this summer to see what you fancy - or even at the 1st Team Lexus meet - a few of my Honda buddies will be coming along - if you want to talk Honda, we can! & most are happy to give fellow fans a ride to see what the cars are like.

If you want to quiz me on Hondas (or even FTOs) mail me!

sammy@honda-r.fsnet.co.uk

I agree with Sammy.. FTO's are a nice motor!.. Great looking car and not too popular! A rare treat and of course loads of toys with it.

I love hondas too.. i loved my prelude.. that was the most reliable i ever had apart from my Lexus!

[Edited on 14-2-2002 by Administrator]

Yeah - potential for big bills!!!! A friend of mine is selling his..... it has cost him circa £30k in the last 2 years!!!!

Buy a £10k one and be prepared to spend...... remember that buying a Supercar (or car with supercar performance, depending on how highly you rate the Supra) isn't just about purchase cost...... When buying my NSX I did all the homework first - at the end of the day, these cars have got to more affordable levels, and as such you have to be even more careful as there are many people out there who can afford to buy a £25-£30k car, but not run a £70k car! (Talking NSX here - I know the Supra isn't that expensive...)

Yeah - potential for big bills!!!! A friend of mine is selling his..... it has cost him circa £30k in the last 2 years!!!!

Buy a £10k one and be prepared to spend...... remember that buying a Supercar (or car with supercar performance, depending on how highly you rate the Supra) isn't just about purchase cost...... When buying my NSX I did all the homework first - at the end of the day, these cars have got to more affordable levels, and as such you have to be even more careful as there are many people out there who can afford to buy a £25-£30k car, but not run a £70k car! (Talking NSX here - I know the Supra isn't that expensive...)

I am confused on why a supercar would cost alot more money than my 3 litlre lexus... the only thing i can see that would cost more would be Insurance, tyres, and fuel etc.

I was seriously thinking of getting a supra (as I am a toyota fan too) but I am having slight second thoughts now... can you explain to me sammy what the big costs would be?

Cheers

The biggest expense in the case I mentioned was an engine rebuild - thing is, if you get a used Supercar at 'Mondeo' money, you are not getting one at first flush..... Also when a 'normal' car is developed, considerations for running costs etc are borne in mind, when a 'no compromise Supercar' is the order of the day - these considerations are secondary..... for example break an inner arm joint on a NSX steering rack - you cannot replace one of these - you need the whole rack.... that'll be £4k please Sir !!!

Expensive parts would be my guess.

Cant be any more expensive as what I am paying now richie.. some of the parts of the supra fit my car.

I see what you mean UV... So would you suggest buying a more newer Supra and spending a little more? I know the feeling of buying the whole rack... The motor has gone in my electric windows.. i cant buy just the motor.. i have to buy the whole kit, regulator... £250 +VAT, plus £200 to fit... it is a joke.. i am going to spend nearly £1000 to fix the windows.. so i just refil the gas in my aircon nowadays and leave the windows how they are.

Toyota certainly have it in the bag!

Don't judge on age..... I would suggest buying the 'best' example you can afford, but do bear in mind that running a £20k car that originally cost much much more, isn't going to cost the same as running a £20k car that originally cost £25k........

Low miles, well looked after, maintained regardless - that's what you want - but leave some dosh aside for 'the unexpected'...... We all know that Toyota/Honda are very reliable, but when talking the best they have to offer - the parts are not cheap when they do need replacing!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links