Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mitsubishi Starion

Kazi

A while back my work partner in crime posted some answers to a question one member had about a car designer.

As promised at the time, he said he's post some pictures and hence why im sharing with you good people today. This car has had some serious money spent on it but as you can see, you can polish a turd :P

His pride and joy to say the least. Comments welcome. :D

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cmd=si&img=1867

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cmd=si&img=1868

That car looks coolio. I'm deffo loving the old skool cool at the moment.

Not to everyones tastes but thats the appeal

A few comments:

Whats with the numberplate?? It's not completely to the left nor is it central? kinda offset offset ??

Could do with a set of dished rimmage or even a set of 25mm spacers to fill the arches a bit.

Bad internet connection kept cutting me off, please delete the other please Mr Scarface.

Done already mate ! no Probs ........... I thought maybe you was just trying to express your self .... and get your self heard :lol:

Bad internet connection kept cutting me off, please delete the other please Mr Scarface.

Done already mate ! no Probs ........... I thought maybe you was just trying to express your self .... and get your self heard :lol:

Its been know..................... :P

That car looks coolio. I'm deffo loving the old skool cool at the moment.

Not to everyones tastes but thats the appeal

A few comments:

Whats with the numberplate?? It's not completely to the left nor is it central? kinda offset offset ??

Could do with a set of dished rimmage or even a set of 25mm spacers to fill the arches a bit.

Number plate covers up the toe-ing eye and can be descretly removed. Also to assist air flow in to the intercooler and front discs.

Spacers would not help the handling of the car and pci stud pattern is the only one ever made. Not another car shares the same spec. Craig

If you ever see a cheap Starion at auction, snap it up. My mate picked up a widebody Starion for £500 recently, spent about another £500 on it, then sold it for £2,300!

If you ever see a cheap Starion at auction, snap it up.  My mate picked up a widebody Starion for £500 recently, spent about another £500 on it, then sold it for £2,300!

Yeah, they pop up ever now and then. He loves 'em! In the region of around £8k he's spent on his!!

If you ever see a cheap Starion at auction, snap it up.  My mate picked up a widebody Starion for £500 recently, spent about another £500 on it, then sold it for £2,300!

Yeah, they pop up ever now and then. He loves 'em! In the region of around £8k he's spent on his!!

v nice, i'm also a big fan of old school jap, i used to own a 2.8 celica-supra, handling was unbelievable, sadly the engine killed itself, and i ended up giving it away to a guy who promised to resurrect it and cherish it, C50 FAX, happy days...

v nice, i'm also a big fan of old school jap, i used to own a 2.8 celica-supra, handling was unbelievable, sadly the engine killed itself, and i ended up giving it away to a guy who promised to resurrect it and cherish it, C50 FAX, happy days...

i had one of them in red the wide arch version ,loved that car and alway regretted getting rid of it .handling was pants though ,2.8i heavy engine up front and rear wheel drive made it fun in the wet :duh:

i had one of them in red the wide arch version ,loved that car and alway regretted getting rid of it .handling was pants though ,2.8i heavy engine up front and rear wheel drive made it fun in the wet :duh:

handling was pants??? the handling on the celica-supra was setup by lotus, and one of the best handling cars i have driven, perhaps your geometry was out.

handling was pants??? the handling on the celica-supra was setup by lotus, and one of the best handling cars i have driven, perhaps your geometry was out.

he's talking about the 2.8 starion

His is the Wide body 2.0 Litre which returned better performance figures anyway. Ive been in the car and its like s :tsktsk: t on a blanket. Handles really well and you have to remember this was the foundations for the Evo.

I was referring to the celica supra ,it was not so much the suspension set up that was the problem it was the rear wheel drive and being so light on the rear end and kicking out all the time .did yours have the digital dash .

I was referring to the celica supra ,it was not so much the suspension set up that was the problem it was the rear wheel drive and being so light on the rear end and kicking out all the time .did yours have the digital dash .

yes it did :D mine was also a wide arch, the back was very easy to slide, and was worse/better when the tyres were getting worn, although was easy to control too. another fave of mine is the ra29 celica, circa 1977. (sorry for hijacking the starion thread BTW rumour has it that the name 'starion' was derived from the poor japanese pronounciation of 'stallion', and the US/Euro name was meant to be Stallion).

yes it did :D mine was also a wide arch, the back was very easy to slide, and was worse/better when the tyres were getting worn, although was easy to control too. another fave of mine is the ra29 celica, circa 1977. (sorry for hijacking the starion thread BTW rumour has it that the name 'starion' was derived from the poor japanese pronounciation of 'stallion', and the US/Euro name was meant to be Stallion).

Load of cobblers. The Japs even held a conference with the sales reps on how to pronounce the word. Star-ion. My collegue gets very passionate about it :P

I'll forward on the comments Shahz :D

Load of cobblers. The Japs even held a conference with the sales reps on how to pronounce the word. Star-ion. My collegue gets very passionate about it :P

I'll forward on the comments Shahz :D

japs have no pronounciation for 'L' and usually replace it with 'R', which is the nearest sound to 'L,' so thats probably where the urban legend originated but probably is a load of cobblers considering mitsubushi's weird name history, ask anyone spanish what pajero means