Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

where can i get a nokia car kit connected to the hi-fi for m

If you haven't got your Nokia Car kit yet...get a Nokia Bluetooth one, although you will need a Bluetooth Phone (Nokia 6310 is the one I have) or any other Bluetooth phone T68i, etc. The advantage over the normal one is that your kit will work with any Bluetooth phone and speech quality is crystal clear, voice activated, completely invisible, I have it installed in my car...it's great. Recommended! You can link it to the Audio system as well! I felt the need to share this info with someone...:bounce:

The phone can be absolutely anywhere in the car, briefcase whatever. The mic is hardwired to the control unit as is the speaker and remote control. The speaker is loud and clear and the person on the other end can't tell I'm on handsfree. The only problem is that when a call comes in and you have a car full of people....everyone gets to listen...OR...everyone gets to join in which is great for taking the p out of some people!! But then you have the option of disconnecting it from Bluetooth too.

I've been thinking about one of these - I have a 6310i.

How does the voice dialling work though - I have about 300 entries in my directory - surely you can't record voice tags for them all??

Been looking at this too! :D

The way I understand it (with the Parrot kit) - the handsfree kit is a Bluetooth device in its own right.

The kit actually has it's own phonebook and voice tags

You pair the two - then first time around, add all the voice tags you want.

From that point on - everytime you get in range of the handsfree device, the phone and car sync, and you can add any voice tags to the car for any numbers created since last time you synced.

Sounds sweet - just a case of finding time to gte it done (and someone to do it. don't like the idea of some carphone warehouse bod messing around with the car stereo)

How does the voice dialling work though - I have about 300 entries in my directory - surely you can't record voice tags for them all??

Been looking at this too! :D

The way I understand it (with the Parrot kit) - the handsfree kit is a Bluetooth device in its own right.

The kit actually has it's own phonebook and voice tags

You pair the two - then first time around, add all the voice tags you want.

From that point on - everytime you get in range of the handsfree device, the phone and car sync, and you can add any voice tags to the car for any numbers created since last time you synced.

I really hope I am wrong on this one because that would be great if it is true, but I could'nt see anything in the manual about the car kit storing voice tags or synch-ing or is that sinking??. The way it works is that you press and hold the small remote button say the name and if there is a corresponding voice tag in your phone book it dials the number. I only really use it for commonly dialled numbers. 300 voice tags...phew i dunno!

Rodders your phone (6310i) is the same as the one I am using (I like it so much I have two...and a brand new boxed offline one for sale if anyone is interested!)

Rodders your phone (6310i) is the same as the one I am using (I like it so much I have two...and a brand new boxed offline one for sale if anyone is interested!)

Now you tell me - bought 2 yesterday(off-line £160 plus vat each) - should be delivered today. Needed a triband and have always loved Nokia phones. Not so keen on bluetooth - awful security and worse battery life. Give me a proper fitted kit any day. Use a blackberry most of the time but only available with a wired ear piece and car cradle isn't out yet - so swap the sim back into the nokia when I'm in the car or only want a phone. Haven't master the art of emails on the move yet!- Not going to try either. - but if I can link the via voice to the attachments????

Sorry to have a different view here but Bluetooth kits have to many bad points for everyday use.

1) Don't charge the phone

2) You don't have any external aerial, so more dropped calls

3) If you want to dial somebody that you don't have recorded in the memory you have to do it manually on the handset. (so not exactly handsfree)

Nokia wired kit has none of these problems. Plus you can have a handset for those private calls. Also you can see who is phoning you before you answer :) and last but not least nokia kit is half the price of the CK 3000.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links