Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jae 2005

Guess it's time for me to say my piece.

Firstly the formalities.

On behalf of the Lexus Owners Club, I would like to thank everyone who made JAE 2005 the event it was. Yes it rained on Sunday, Yes we were hungover on Saturday and Yes things weren't perfect - but you know what, that's what makes JAE what it is. This was one of the best turnouts to date - and that's credit to you folks.

EVERYONE made it a fantatsic event. From the moment we arrived on Friday, we knew it was going to be a good one. I'm delighted to have met so many new members as are Mat and Steve. Many, many friends have been made, and hopefully, this will encourage more to attend future events. For those who travelled from all over the country, Ireland and Europe - thank you. We hope we showed you what the club spirit is all about.

Finally - the offical results for the LOC awards.

Firstly, the Lexus Owners Club car of the show as voted by the members:

1st Place: Bazza

2nd Place: Mr Singh

3rd Place: Monster Mat

And the Prolex-UK award for the best engine bay went to:

Roadrash (Mike)

Now the non-formal bit.

What a frickin laff.... :D

Friday night was mental. Saturday was a long headache. Saturday night was a masterclass in how to keep cars fresh. Sunday was bloomin wet.

But it was superb. I do want to say thanks to everyone for being ace. I also want to say thanks to a few peeps who I spoke to or chilled with that I don't always mention: Dave (Besty), Gord, Ellz, Yemgi, Gerhard, Mr. Shipley, Ahmet, Raz and his mate Tom (top bloke), Shahz, Fargo, Johnboy, Pete, Mike (Morse), Daza and his mate, Jasonl and Sarah, Kelly, Chris (the Don) and his girlfriend, Thom (nutter), Stu, Galla, Mike (roadrash), Am, Lowred, Marcus, Scott, Sanj, Bobski, Adie, Ian (fidgets) and all the others I seem to have forgotten (especially those of us wondering round on Saturday night looking to gate crash a party or 2!).

Of course, the regulars - Barrie and Jane, Dave and Kamelia, Mat and Aido - it was another memorable weekend.

So, until next year, lets make something out of the events in between. Keep the pictures roilling in, and the feedback on what we can do to make it better still next year (having more birds for starters me thinks).

And before I end, I want to apologise to anyone I ignored (by accident), was blunt too, didn't see or get to meet or generally upset for any reason. Was not intentional - I can assure you.

So - thanks again guys and gyals. See you all soon.

Zee :zee:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have Best 'Altezza' On LOC? :D

Any chance of results from the Show and Shine?

Spoke to some other peeps from other clubs i know, they were bit suprised with the results... want to know where i need to improve :)

Spoke to some other peeps from other clubs i know, they were bit suprised with the results... want to know where i need to improve :)

you were second

dont think they announced any more than that

only improvement would be a bar :lol:

err zee did you mention the winner of the best original modification...... B)

must admit my vote for the show and shine was mr singh's and in my opnion should have won...

i agree,was fantastic,hey how did i miss you at jae paul,bloody ell ,too busy i suppose,sorry mate.

err zee did you mention the winner of the best original modification...... B)

must admit my vote for the show and shine was mr singh's and in my opnion should have won...

They marked the cars per area, and in the end it was points per item i think.

interior, exterior, mods, effort on own work and quality.

Wouldnt say i didnt deserve it as i did have a full high class re-trim and re-spray and engine sorted out as well as the other usual bits though.

Was nice to be judged by unbiased judges with an open mind as to work gone into though as it meant we all stood the exact same chance of winning as there was no favouratism etc.

Was definately a close call though and i certainly never entered expecting to win.

Guess it's time for me to say my piece.

Firstly the formalities.

On behalf of the Lexus Owners Club, I would like to thank everyone who made JAE 2005 the event it was.  Yes it rained on Sunday, Yes we were hungover on Saturday and Yes things weren't perfect - but you know what, that's what makes JAE what it is.  This was one of the best turnouts to date - and that's credit to you folks.

EVERYONE made it a fantatsic event.  From the moment we arrived on Friday, we knew it was going to be a good one.  I'm delighted to have met so many new members as are Mat and Steve.  Many, many friends have been made, and hopefully, this will encourage more to attend future events.  For those who travelled from all over the country, Ireland and Europe - thank you.  We hope we showed you what the club spirit is all about.

Finally - the offical results for the LOC awards.

Firstly, the Lexus Owners Club car of the show as voted by the members:

1st Place: Bazza

2nd Place: Mr Singh

3rd Place: Monster Mat

And the Prolex-UK award for the best engine bay went to:

Roadrash (Mike)

Now the non-formal bit.

What a frickin laff....  :D

Friday night was mental.  Saturday was a long headache.  Saturday night was a masterclass in how to keep cars fresh.  Sunday was bloomin wet.

But it was superb.  I do want to say thanks to everyone for being ace.  I also want to say thanks to a few peeps who I spoke to or chilled with that I don't always mention: Dave (Besty), Gord, Ellz, Yemgi, Gerhard, Mr. Shipley, Ahmet, Raz and his mate Tom (top bloke), Shahz, Fargo, Johnboy, Pete, Mike (Morse), Daza and his mate, Jasonl and Sarah, Kelly, Chris (the Don) and his girlfriend, Thom (nutter), Stu, Galla, Mike (roadrash), Am, Lowred, Marcus, Scott, Sanj, Bobski, Adie, Ian (fidgets) and all the others I seem to have forgotten (especially those of us wondering round on Saturday night looking to gate crash a party or 2!). 

Of course, the regulars - Barrie and Jane, Dave and Kamelia, Mat and Aido - it was another memorable weekend.

So, until next year, lets make something out of the events in between.  Keep the pictures roilling in, and the feedback on what we can do to make it better still next year (having more birds for starters me thinks).

And before I end, I want to apologise to anyone I ignored (by accident), was blunt too, didn't see or get to meet or generally upset for any reason.  Was not intentional - I can assure you.

So - thanks again guys and gyals.  See you all soon.

Zee  :zee:

sorry i was a bit sharp with you and Dave Sunday it wasnt intentional

Indeed you do sir - by far the best Altezza!

Outstanding motor. :)

Well saturday was a waste of time for me...i was not with it in the slightest!

Good to meet everyone, sure will see u all around at some point soon.

Biggest thanks has to go to Bazza and janey for letting me use your hotel shower!!!

and if i didnt say hi to anyone sorry guys

And of course my fellow Japsai, chris and Raz for keeping going through till saturday from friday.

Biggest thanks has to go to Bazza and janey for letting me use your hotel shower!!!

No problem Thom (gonna charge admittance next year, will make a fortune :P )

twas the car pc in the red is300 that won!

looking at the quality of the work that had been done, and all installed by paul, made the judging very hard at the end, but he came out a winner!

Must mention LowRed too, the airbag system on his car was also in contention for winning, and was a great piece of work! Looking forward to seeing it all working!

Stu

twas for my carputer install which i assume gained the edge on points simply because i had fabricated and installed the WHOLE lot. as opposed to other mods that had been installed via a shop etc...

the mobo was housed in a modded rockford amp case (milled, powdercoated and polished by me) gallery_2234_97_817291.jpg

and i think most have seent he custom fabricated screen housing

complete.jpg

The only thing I can finally say is that:

On Tuesday I was sitting in my office, my coffee in front of me with one hand on it, the other hand with the elbow on the table, my chin rested in this hand, eyes almost closed and I was dreaming away with the pics of JAE in front of me in my head. :blush::blush:

I was like: "Aahhh...... that was soooo cooool.....!" my thoughts have been at you and the cars...... it was simply awsome and I have to thank you again for that wonderful car meet.

:winky:

Hope to see some people at Soltau..... B)

twas for my carputer install which i assume gained the edge on points simply because i had fabricated and installed the WHOLE lot.  as opposed to other mods that had been installed via a shop etc...

the mobo was housed in a modded rockford amp case (milled, powdercoated and polished by me) gallery_2234_97_817291.jpg

and i think most have seent he custom fabricated screen housing

complete.jpg

Very neat mate...nice one geez B)

Just a quick post from next door at TOC...

Great to see friends old and new, Bazz, Jayne, Zee etc although all too briefly...

Bazza next time you try a sliding donut try not to stall it lol :D Jane, think Matt's backside is still sore from the boot...

Aido as usual good to see your keeping up the local alcohol economy :D

See you all next year, might have more time to stop and talk then and might even be in a Toyota rather than a Mazda with Toyota bits on it :D :D :D

Quality! I gotta get me camcorder!

Would have been good to have had a Camcorder Saturday night to show ye all Ahmets Brummie burd! LOL

I couldn't get one, sorry.

A friend of mine told me to gimme a camcorder, but then he also needed it that weekend. :crybaby:

nice! someone got pic of me on the move.. :D

anyone get video clip of me reving the engine? (sounded like a baby screaming ;))

No sorry mate.... :tomato:

I wish I had, but always when you reved I had the camera in the car or the chip was full. :crybaby:

But I can only say it sounded awsome!! :whistling:

Really nice "ROAAAARRRR!!!" B)