Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tein Coilovers

Anees

i'm looking for Tein Coilovers, but even at that dirt cheap price, i wouldn't even dare put them on my car.

Bad shocks and springs, are the number one cause of brake failure accidents in the UK. I value my life at more than £25.00 reserve.

Thanks guys.

The guy has just emailed me back:

yea they are complete il check on the mounts for you and they came out of a lexus out of japan which had done 40.000km.if theres anything else you want to know dont be afraid to ask

Emailed him back asking for the serial number. Sounds like they come off an Altezza Import :huh:

they are tien HA

good make

high spec coilovers

at that price you could afford to have them reconditioned at tien uk

Thanks Bazza! :D

He is going to email me back tommorow with the serial no and some better pics (I hope!)

If they are Tein HA mate then are the the noisy ones or quiet? :duh: (Not something I know much about)

How much would I be looking at to get reconditioned? What is that exactly?

I wasn't even after coilovers - but at that price its tempting! :lol: Depends on how soft the ride is. Not too bothered about lowering at all. A 30mm drop is more then enough for me.

Thanks

PS Someone called Lex2000 has outbid me (not that they are gonna sell becase of the reserve price.) :D

they are tien HA

good make

high spec coilovers

at that price you could afford to have them reconditioned at tien uk

Thanks Bazza! :D

He is going to email me back tommorow with the serial no and some better pics (I hope!)

If they are Tein HA mate then are the the noisy ones or quiet? :duh: (Not something I know much about)

How much would I be looking at to get reconditioned? What is that exactly?

I wasn't even after coilovers - but at that price its tempting! :lol: Depends on how soft the ride is. Not too bothered about lowering at all. A 30mm drop is more then enough for me.

Thanks

PS Someone called Lex2000 has outbid me (not that they are gonna sell becase of the reserve price.) :D

all tiens are noisy ! its the nature of them

reconditioning , if needed , not sure of cost but these units retail out at over £1200 so it will allways be a saving

adjustable damping means they can be set rock hard or yankee soft , just by turning a knob

Coils, even the hardest setting aren't a whole lot harder than lowering springs.

What you are paying for is the flexability to adjust your suspension to given driving conditions or requirements.

The TTE's are about the only coils which aren't noisy, but they don't have adjustable dampening.

Swings & roundabouts

surely a company as large as Tein would have looked into this though? If HKS can you would think Tein would be able to! Seems wierd to me (but then I know f all about anything technical), is there nobody out there with quiet Teins???? (other than the CS)

Just looking on the Tein UK site and they don't seem to have Tein HA on it. The closest ones are HE and HT but these are not for the IS200 - listed only for a SC300.

They haven't be discontinuted have they?

Found them on the .COM site:

http://www.tein.com/hadamp.html

Look great. Not sure if they will work with the EDFC however.

I don't understand this "noise" issue that members talk about. Does it mean that that when they go over a bump the coilovers creek?

(Probably been asked a million times before!) Can the noise be stopped? :D

Found them on the .COM site:

http://www.tein.com/hadamp.html

Look great. Not sure if they will work with the EDFC however.

I don't under this "noise" issue that members talk about. Does it mean that that when they go over a bump the coilovers creek?

(Probably been asked a million times before!) Can the noise be stopped? :D

Don't think they'll work with the EDFC, Dave Ellen might know.

The noise is more like a tap or knock when going over a bump. Supposed to come from the pillow mount which is metal on metal. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. I had a knock on my front O/S originally, but when I had the geo done it disappeared and then reappeared on the rear N/S. Wierd. Other people are convinced it's the valve in the coil itself causing the knock.

Don't think they'll work with the EDFC, Dave Ellen might know.

The noise is more like a tap or knock when going over a bump. Supposed to come from the pillow mount which is metal on metal. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. I had a knock on my front O/S originally, but when I had the geo done it disappeared and then reappeared on the rear N/S. Wierd. Other people are convinced it's the valve in the coil itself causing the knock.

Thanks Mike!

I bet that get ANNOYING!! :whistling:

Hi Anees

I have TEIN coilovers, I bought them from Brettster. They are awesome, and the 'knocking' is overstated in my opinion. When I take my car up to Glossip for the paint job, you're welcome to have a listen :)

just my 2 cents .... i've been in cars with a varyin TEIN setups ... alot of our car club members out here use them.

If they are HA, I would not recommend. Too soft. Altho if for dirt cheap prices, it might be worth it to give it a go. But pls bear in mind, in Asian countries like japan & HK, suspension kits rarely last more than 60K km (due to road conditions and driving environment) ... so keep that in mind when buying used import products.

Type Flex is probably the best bang for the buck choice. Some members have used them for over a yr and still not a single squeak out of them.

Altho I personally think the CS is the best. Cos it uses pillow mounts instead of just the ball on the top which prevents the "noise" as some ppl experience.

RA would be another popular model, altho I think its too hard and harsh, but definitely excellent on the track.

SS .... My personal opinion, stay away!

I had the SS ones, now Scorpion has them, nothing wrong with them apart from the Knocking noise.. they were good

If anyone is still intrested i still have a set of Apexi Type N1 for sale?

(Fargo had these and another member also) they were on my car, but not too long, still good nick, but if they don't go (which i am in 2 minds), i will install back on the car..

actually. ... i retract my previous statement. I did some further testing on an IS with HA on the more stiffer damper setting .... and its surprisingly good. Sporty yet comfortable. For the price they retail for, its worth it I think .... even better if you use the standard upper mount, you won't get the noise that comes with the more expensive pillowball mount .....

actually. ... i retract my previous statement.  I did some further testing on an IS with HA on the more stiffer damper setting .... and its surprisingly good.  Sporty yet comfortable.  For the price they retail for, its worth it I think .... even better if you use the standard upper mount, you won't get the noise that comes with the more expensive pillowball mount .....

Thanks Bernard. :D

Unfortunetly the guy selling them has not got back to me yet and he has not relisted them on eBay either. :( I will email him again.

I PM'd Mark@TDI and he sid the Tein HA have now been discontinued.

I had the SS ones, now Scorpion has them, nothing wrong with them apart from  the Knocking noise.. they were good

(Fargo had these and another member also)  they were on my car, but not too long, still good nick, but if they don't go (which i am in 2 minds), i will install back on the car..

What are th Apexi Type N1's like? Ride , drop, knocking?

I had the SS ones, now Scorpion has them, nothing wrong with them apart from  the Knocking noise.. they were good

(Fargo had these and another member also)  they were on my car, but not too long, still good nick, but if they don't go (which i am in 2 minds), i will install back on the car..

What are th Apexi Type N1's like? Ride , drop, knocking?

think they knock a bit :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links