Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Pricing For Is250/is220d

Just got this today, dealer was informed today.

Read thru spec sheet and he gave me price list.

is250 22400

is250SE 25400

is250 SE-L 28000

is250 sport 26500

is220d 22200

is220dse 25200

is220d sel 27800

is220d sport 26900

mettallic 510

sunroof 800

multimedia sat nav mark lev 2710

cruise/precrash 2150

automatic Is250 only) 1000

Don't ask if this info is correct or genuine..its from the Dealer and its on the road pricing.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, not cheap then :o Like Mike said, you're up to £30K before you know it.

I thought my car was a very good deal when compared to the opposition, and I got sat nav, kit and wheels. Infact spec'ing up a Vectra or Mondeo gave approximately the same new car price with a BM sitting at £30k.

I couldn't afford a new IS at those prices

Seems a bit strange that the diesel is cheaper than the petrol version????? Usually the other way round.

diesel is a 2.2 4 pot, petrol is a 2.5 V6 :zee:

but yea no auto diesel is strange..

I can tell you that these prices have NOT yet been released to dealers officially. In fact by law I believe you are not allowed to release a price for a product if it is not available for purchase within 90 days. This means that the first day Lexus could release a price would be around the 19th August - as the IS250 is being released on the 19th November.

Pricing for the IS220d will probably be late 2005/early 2006 based on that. That doesn't mean that the prices quoted are wrong!! After all they could have been leaked out, but I hope for all sakes that they are wrong!

From a dealer perspective these prices are a bit too high, although I will hold back on my full judgement until I have driven the car.

Someone asked why there is no automatic diesel? The reason is it accounts for a very small percentage of sales for most manufacturers. Most diesels have the torque to compensate for being lazy with your gear changes and as such don't always benefit from an automatic transmission, plus you also lose a bit on the fuel economy. We have been told by Lexus that an automatic diesel will be "2 years away".

I have been telling customers to expect somewhere around 18-25K for the IS250 when it comes out. One of the big selling points has been the fact that we are typically 5-6K less than equivilently specified BMW's and Mercedes.

I will investigate these figures more and see if I can find the truth!

dealer-man, sorry but you are having a laugh :( You will not see & you know it an IS250 for £18k in November. If you do I'll buy it from you !! The figures above should not be in the public domain yet ( I believe ) but they have come from Lexus - you should know shouldn't you? But there is the rider above "Please be aware that pricing is not final yet".

Feedback welcome :)

I was advised by the Lexus Contact Centre the other day that they expect the IS250 to range from £22-27K - not sure if that includes spec'ing up cars.

I've got to say I'm looking forward to seeing the new IS and is on my list to replace my 350Z later this year - However, if those prices for the options are true then the appeal of the IS250 wains somewhat.

The original IS was exceptionally great value considering the spec versus price versus competition from BMW, MB, Audi.

Nearly £3K for Sat nav is to be quite frank, taking the pi$$ - I don't even think BMWs top of the range system with digital TV costs that much and as for another £2K for cruise control - :lol:

Sorry Lexus, but if you are seriously going to charge me £800 for a sunroof, £2710 for sat nav, and another £2000 for cruise control, then I'll be off to look at the 3 series. £6K for 3 options which will not retain any value - I think not!

Steve

Dealers are very optomistic people!! The reason we were originally told the new IS would start around 18K was that it would be close to the entry price of the current IS200 - which actually is closer to £19K anyway, so I am wrong on that point!

One thing has changed recently mind you that may have prompted a re-think from Lexus and that is the fact BMW are now starting the 3 series at around £22k (mainly because of the 1 series) and the Audi A4 2.0 litre starts at close to the same money.

Despite this, the starting price doesn't really matter because no one really buys them anyway! The real key model will be the SE - and at this point we don't really know if the sat nav will be standard. The £2700 for the sat nav might include the all singing all dancing dvd player as well so that would seem reasonable. £2000 for the pcs/acc is not bad either if it is the same as on the GS430.

But authorised Lexus car dealers are always the last to know these things!

Don't SHOOT the messenger GUYS, I'm also a consumer...I haven't been sent as a terminator from BMW/Mbz.

Just thought it may be helpful for those of you who are budgeting for this car.

I can see where dealerman is coming from BMWs mainly are not specced very well anyway and mbz are too expensive. Looks alone the IS wins cf to current benz and BMW.

I guess the prices are slightly high but they are OFFICIAL and they might go down if enough dealers shout about it.

I've already ordered one so Nothing I can do about it...now.

I think it will be the IS Sport....not sure if it includes leather it says

ecsaine seating pack(incl heated front seats 8 way elec adj seats memory), rain sensing wipers, parking sensors FR , HID lamps with afs and scuff plates sport pedals sports susp etc.

i have the list.

IS250 is 0-62 8.3s(200hp) and IS220d is 0-60 ....9.3 s not very fast...a bit dissapointed in fact was expecting 7.2s for 250IS.

I have been telling customers to expect somewhere around 18-25K for the IS250 when it comes out.

........... and you are who sorry? :duh:

Yesterday I saw the prices for the IS on the Gold forum and started to think OMG, as I thought the prices were way to high but obviously I hadn't seen the spec. Then this morning I received a letter and "IS preliminary bulletin" from a dealer because I actually ordered a new IS in March and have put down a deposit.

The letter says that "pricing is indicative and subject to confirmation prior to launch of the IS250 in November, however Lexus GB do not expect any significant deviation from the information that has been released to the Lexus Centres."

The bulletin has details of "indicative pricing, factory options and colour/trim choices." Again my initial thought was this car is way too expensive but having spent the evening looking at the spec, which is very high, and the price of other similar cars i.e. BMW 3 series and let's be honest that is the car the IS has to beat, I think that the pricing is probably spot on.

Even back in March I was expecting that the top whack for the car would be £30K with all the extras (Sat Nav, 18" wheels etc,) so I don't find the pricing that much of a surprise but I think I was hoping that it would be lower. I agree with dealer-man about the fact that the pricing is close to what BMW currently charge.

Having seen the spec I'm probably going to have one. It has everything I want and the technology seems to be some of the best on the market but obviously I need to drive the car before actually signing on the dotted line.

According to the bulletin, Cruise Control is standard, the £2K price is for Adaptive Cruise Control and the Pre-crash system as seen on the GS.

I would be more specific about pricing and specs but I'm not sure because I keep seeing "not in the public domain" in various areas on this topic. If I get positive clearance I'd be happy to put more information from the bulletin on here.

dealer-man - these figures are the current prices from Lexus, the £2700 does include the dvd player etc.

djanderso - cruise control is included on all models in the price. The £2150 is for adaptive cruise control & pre-crash system. Guess this stops you driving too close, tightens the belts and tries to prevent an unavoidable collision ( how can it do that :) )..

I have been telling customers to expect somewhere around 18-25K for the IS250 when it comes out.

........... and you are who sorry? :duh:

I am somebody for whom the sucess of this car determines whether I can pay my bills next year!! :shifty:

I've placed a deposit on an IS too, but I think the prices are def higher than expected. I was hoping to pay less than 30 k for a fully spec'd IS250, but an IS250 SE-L + Media Pack + Metallic + Auto = over 32K. Add the ACC/PCS and you're getting close to a GS300SE!!!

I would have expected the SE-L to have the Media pack as standard - does anybody know if this will be the case?

I've placed a deposit on an IS too, but I think the prices are def higher than expected. I was hoping to pay less than 30 k for a fully spec'd IS250, but an IS250 SE-L + Media Pack + Metallic + Auto = over 32K. Add the ACC/PCS and you're getting close to a GS300SE!!!

I would have expected the SE-L to have the Media pack as standard - does anybody know if this will be the case?

Going on the spec for the new GS, and what I was told by a dealer, I'm pretty sure the SE-L will have everything except for the adaptive cruise/pre-crash, hence the substantial price hike from the SE. However, if I were to buy, £29K for an Auto SE-L seems a bit steep as thats now BMW/Merc money, so the car now has to be much better than the others. (Its already winning on looks tho :) )

What exactly does the sport model entail? :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links