Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Pricing For Is250/is220d

"Maybe the uncomfortable truth is that if you feel you are unable to afford the price of the new car, then in Lexus's eyes you are not the target market for their products"

I think this could be true - they've gone for an upmarket entry level model to get a particular market positioning.

The other possibility is that an entry level 2 litre will follow. Does anyone else remember Jaguar insisting that there would never be a front drive X-Type and then going ahead and selling one?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dealer-man, sorry but you are having a laugh :( You will not see & you know it an IS250 for £18k in November. If you do I'll buy it from you !! The figures above should not be in the public domain yet ( I believe ) but they have come from Lexus - you should know shouldn't you? But there is the rider above  "Please be aware that pricing is not final yet".

Feedback welcome :)

Yep you are right my gaffer had the sales pack sent to him Thursday with Pricing from Coventry

and he comented that Lexus have adopted the BMW approach to selling a car

you buy a shell with wheels then keep going into your pocket to get a decent car

but i dont think you will get much change out of 27k even charge for metalic paint

i think i will just buy another IS200 or maybe spend the money on a RX300

Dealerman thanks for the advice ..it was helpful.

In my case i have not yet placed an order or specced the car up. I have placed the deposit blind b4 pricing came out. The deposit was a condition of my PX deal, although at the time the new IS was what i wanted and still do if options/pricing is reasonable?

So really it would help if they could refund since I haven't messed anyone about and most people on this forum are a bit angry with Lexus for messing up the pricing.

I think it may be more important to tell them now rather than let it go on......until November.

The main problem Lexus has made is that there is no 2 litre model. The 2.5 V6 is very competitively priced when compared to the equivalent BMW and Mercedes (especially Audi as they're prices are ridiculous!)

However, with the lack of the 2 litre, the 2.5 is now the entry level model, for which it is too expensive. With the 318 being the most popular model everywhere except the US, I can't help but think that Lexus have shot themselves in the foot

Else they are being very arrogant and considering the US as the only important market (which I guess to some extent it is)

could be right , but lexus have targets for GB/Europe which is to double the cars sold by 2010, acheived by new models and new dealerships

in 2004 they sold 10,000 cars in uk

in 2004 they sold 290,000 cars in the usa

in 2004 they sold a total of 385,000 worldwide

It's only a 4 cylinder though - and that could well be Lexus second biggest mistake.  A diesel needs to be refined and smooth - sure Honda have managed it with their 4-pot but then nobody makes a 4-pot like Honda anyway.

actually, it is the most powerful, smoothest and cleanest 4cly diesel in the world. And it is cheaper than 320d from grounds up... when you add up equipment, it is significantly cheaper.

So new IS is more expensive than old? So what, you get a lot more of an car too, more equipment, and it is only more expensive than IS200 base, and who bought that?

320d with same equipment as IS220d Base is 5-6k more expensive, and thats if you keep steel wheels on BMW!!!

You can always get Avensis 150hp or 177hp diesel, it has all the goodies as well - xenons, nav, leather, heated seats/windshield, auto wipers/miror/everything...

but eh, we all want lexus :-).

Personally, looking at the prices of the new IS, I'd stump up the extra and go for the GS everytime.... IMHO that is a much nicer car, and I have seen both in the flesh, I guess the new IS will appeal more to the masses as the older one I guess is very much love or hate due to the more aggressive styling....

Thats what I was doing last saturday, I allways thought a GS 300 was out of hte question but do you go for a full loaded IS or a basic GS 300.

This was in sheffield and while I was there I had a walk accross to the subaru dealership nearby, they only wanted £26K for a new sti TTRRXX-Z1RD nutter ***** thingy another pay £600 for a sat nav and there is another choice to make.

Cars I hate them just endless money pits

A bit late on in the thread now but.....

Anyone thinking of leaving Lexus for a Jag X-type probably deserves one!

Please bear this in mind

1) Massive discounts - you only discount what doesn't sell

2) Factory on long term 'short week'

3) Jaguar suffering massive losses

4) Depreciation to make a grown man cry

5) The 'trade' hate them almost as much as Freelanders

6) Jag are stopping production and ditching the model because it has been such a success...

And all this before you actually drive it and feel the cheap Ford plastics and switch gear, pretty soon you will remember why you bought your Lexus.

:ph34r:

1) Massive discounts - you only discount what doesn't sell

Fortunately I'm not considering changing mine until circa Jan - Mar 2008. I wonder if by then the above will have applied ?

£21,000 for a nicely specced IS200SE Auto was acceptable/affordable. £27,000+ for similar spec IS250 isn't. If I had that sort of money available I would have plumped for the IS300.

I could be wrong but I just can't see it selling in anywhere near the current volumes apart from maybe the very basic entry model but that does sound like it needs some additional 'options' to bring it up to current SE specification ?

I suppose we really aught to wait for the official bumf and by the sounds of it a Lexus online configurator to calculate the actual price.