Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is 250

Hi everyone , well i've just returned from Japan after 1 month on company business and been out in new is250 for a ride very nice i must say, in Japan it is called the 250G theres quite a few around already they are just set to launch the Lexus brand in Japan In november as they were always badged as toyota and have just been building 70+ Lexus showrooms around the country. The 250 is priced at 3,900,000 yen for opening range £19,000.00 or top of range fully loaded for 5,000,000 yen £25,000.00 a lot cheaper than the UK price, there is 5% tax to go on that price, but still a good price. But there are some nice motors out there mainly toyota's i've never seen toyota launch 5 new models every year for japan alone. So my advice is for you all to hire a ship and ship your new cars from japan, lo :driving: l

Sadly was not expecting to see or travel in one at time so did not have camera with me :angry:. But will hopefully get some info and pics from colleague out there who's due in UK in October, i have set him the challenge to get what info and pics he can fingers crossed.

did'nt get chance to drive was picked up by chauffer in one from Unisuki station in Kurobe where i was based very nice and quiet seemed slightly wider than 200 when i was in plenty off legroom in rear, although japanese people are all little so driver had seat well forward, interior was very plush and layout was nice with nav unit as standard in centre.iIt was an Automatic as everyone drives auto in japan although i think they would like manual as they are always using auto L,2,3,D gears like a manual not like me stick in drive and go. I must say that body shape is very nice to see real life photo's dont do it justice.

sounded quiet compared to exhaust tone you get from 200 but reading reports they have put extra insulation in the new model, i've just found news cutting from japanese times and it says they will launch a new model LS sedan next spring based on a remodeled toyota celsior this will be there flagship of the Lexus brand

Hi everyone , well i've just returned from Japan after 1 month on company business and been out in new is250 for a ride very nice i must say, in Japan it is called the 250G theres quite a few around already they are just set to launch the Lexus brand in Japan In november as they were always badged as toyota and have just been building 70+ Lexus showrooms around the country. The 250 is priced at 3,900,000 yen for opening range £19,000.00 or top of range fully loaded for 5,000,000 yen £25,000.00 a lot cheaper than the UK price, there is 5% tax to go on that price, but still a good price. But there are some nice motors out there mainly toyota's i've never seen toyota launch 5 new models every year for japan alone. So my advice is for you all to hire a ship and ship your new cars from japan, lo :driving: l

The 250G isn't the IS250, it's a Toyota Mark X. The new IS range doesn't launch here until 28th September. The showrooms open at the end of this month, 30th August. Full details on the Lexus Japan website.

That Mark X is nice, looks similar to the new IS but the Mark X is better imho. Shots here:

http://toyota.jp/markx/exterior/garally/index.html

I like the spelling of gallery! Literally spelt it as it sounds... I'd certainly struggle with that language, but I'd like to learn it!

That Mark X is nice, looks similar to the new IS but the Mark X is better imho. Shots here:

I like the spelling of gallery! Literally spelt it as it sounds... I'd certainly struggle with that language, but I'd like to learn it!

Aido - you'll probably get a kick out of this then. :D

Learning Japanese isnt easy but it is good fun, Especially if the Teacher is a sexy young Lady like the teacher I had for 2 years :whistling::whistling:

Learning Japanese isnt easy but it is good fun, Especially if the Teacher is a sexy young Lady like the teacher I had for 2 years  :whistling:  :whistling:

Can't argue with you there, Brettster. :winky:.

By the way, the Mark X is a nice enough car, but it's kind of what your Dad would drive, if you get my drift. Or rather, lack of drift. Then again, the top of the range 3 litre V6 with all the trimmings is a whopping 7 grand cheaper than an IS350...

That Mark X is a nice car. I like that alot. Think I have to agree with Aido, its niceR than the new IS.

Guess that might be regarded as a bad sign for Lexus Japan. Who's going to drop 26K on a IS350, when they can get a fully loaded 3 litre Marx X and buy beloved a middle of the range Vitz (Yaris?) for the same money? Silly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links