Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apec Brake Pads

Niraj

I'm in need of a set of new brake pads (all round) but cos my car isn't superfast, i dont really need huge stopping power.

I did look at the EBC greenstuff pads, and even the mintex.

But for £125 EBC, or £77 Mintex, i've found that Apec are offering the set for £50.

I've used them before, and were happy with them on my civic.

Anybody have experience with them on their IS200's??

£125 for EBC brake pads... is that all round? :o

For that money you could get TRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh all round from EBC Direct.

£125 seems way too high....I just paid£66 inc del + vat for an all round set of ebc black pads......www.brakes4u.co.uk

£125 seems way too high....I just paid£66 inc del + vat for an all round set of ebc black pads......www.brakes4u.co.uk

£125 is for the green stuff... but i've decided i dont need them as i dont really have alot of power and speed to stop!

£125 is for the green stuff... but i've decided i dont need them as i dont really have alot of power and speed to stop!

hmm thats a bit of a dubious decision i understand what you are saying but i think i would prefer to over engineer any part of my braking system if those pads give you a shorter stopping distance, if you ever need to use it it is there

that's understandable also... but for the OEM discs in combination with Green Stuff pads i can see the short term gain. However the long term effects to the discs may be rather expensive right?

If i could find Greenstuff pads at the right price, i may reconsider it. It's mainly the longterm cost of owning the greenstuff pads that is putting me off (ie warped discs). I know how expensive the discs are on a Lexus. They're not as cheap as the good old £6 discs off a nova. :( lol

Please more feedback, to help me decide, i think i'll be changing them this weekend, so if i need to order greenstuff, then i need to be prepared.

cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...

Okay i've made my choice.

It's going to have to be the original owners choice, OEM Pads from Lexus, made by Toyota.

£92.66 all round, minus Gold discount.

It soon came to my attention i'd be better off using sand paper than Apec Pads.

The mintex are highly rated but afaik they dont come with new shims and retainers.

The EBC Blackstuff and Greenstuff are a definate performance upgrade, but would probably mean i'd have to upgrade my discs eventually in the future.

I'd like to hear any opinions from LOC :) good or bad.

yea i'd say there is, I have the mintex ones and I think I can honestly say i've noticed a difference (not huge but then I can't remember exactly how dusty the OEM ones were)

i'm about to fit the rears in about an hour

okay latest news... i just picked up my pads from lexus parts counter, i'm looking at my front and rear pads right here infront of me.

the cost turned out to be £92.66 +VAT, which upon reflection is almost the same price as the EBC green stuff pads!

the pads didn't come with shims nor retainers either, so i'm kind of gutted.

lets hope they stop the car as quickly as i'd like them to.

should have given prolex a pm, he could have sorted you out

I have mintex,they came with the car,but when they need replacing,I think I will see what Dave has, as I have a feeling the discs might need replacing as well

okay latest news... i just picked up my pads from lexus parts counter, i'm looking at my front and rear pads right here infront of me.

the cost turned out to be £92.66 +VAT, which upon reflection is almost the same price as the EBC green stuff pads!

the pads didn't come with shims nor retainers either, so i'm kind of gutted.

lets hope they stop the car as quickly as i'd like them to.

always read the small print!!! that little + VAT has cost me more than i hoped for b4!!!

Dont open them and take them back, you can do that!!

go get the Green stuffs, dont worry about disc life, i would rather stop sooner and shell out £60-80 for new discs rather than smack into the back of someone else

should have given prolex a pm, he could have sorted you out

I have mintex,they came with the car,but when they need replacing,I think I will see what Dave has, as I have a feeling the discs might need replacing as well

I need new pads too, but Dave is out of stock until next week at the latest. I need some for before TRAX so I will on this occasion have to get them from a local place. :yawn:

Brakes International. :huh:

I need new pads too, but Dave is out of stock until next week at the latest. I need some for before TRAX so I will on this occasion have to get them from a local place.  :yawn:

Brakes International. :huh:

:whistling::whistling: i wonder who took the last set :P

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in need of a set of new brake pads (all round) but cos my car isn't superfast, i dont really need huge stopping power.

But for £125 EBC, or £77 Mintex, i've found that Apec are offering the set for £50.

I had Apec on my Calibra Turbo and they were s**t. They were the worst pads I have ever bought. In the end I used genuine Vauxhall. I would say the same again and use genuine Lexus.

I had Apec on my Calibra Turbo and they were s**t. They were the worst pads I have ever bought. In the end I used genuine Vauxhall. I would say the same again and use genuine Lexus.

That's exactly what i did... used a genuine set of lexus pads... even painted my calipers while i was changing them over, lol. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links