Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 And Rs200

its really hard to say .... it all depends on what you are after.

Cos the bottomline, except for the look .. and some of the suspension components, its 2 totally different cars.

I have an IS200, but I'm in the altezza club also on this side of the world ... for my personal preference, I like my IS more ... cos its not really the top notch performance Im looking for ... its the comfort/driveability, smoothness, vast number of options, and reliability of the lexus ....

of course, the killer looks just takes it away ....

of course I won't complain if my IS had 50 more horses ... but im perfectly happy with my I6 under my hood.

Bernard - I maybe wrong but how did you end up with a Lexus in Hong Kong? I thought only the Altezza was available because offically until very recently the Lexus brand didn't exist in HK? :question:

IF the IS300 was available in manual in the UK, i'd choose that over both... Just because of the tuning and output potential!

Agree, driven IS200 and Altezza is much more a drivers car!

Bernard - I maybe wrong but how did you end up with a Lexus in Hong Kong? I thought  only the Altezza was available because offically until very recently the Lexus brand didn't exist in HK? :question:

i can have new m5 in hongkong even topgear have not seen it. You can get anything in hongkong if you have moola!!!

I'm happy with my RS... :yahoo:

There are times when the 'refinement' of an IS start to appeal, but at the end of the day I'm a 'driver' and not just a 'get-from-point-A-to-point-B' person. The open winding roads we have around here in NZ also lean further towards the RS.

Bernard - I maybe wrong but how did you end up with a Lexus in Hong Kong? I thought  only the Altezza was available because offically until very recently the Lexus brand didn't exist in HK? :question:

Hey Anees ... nape, Lexus has been in HK for many years .... started way back when ... in 91 or 92. U can still see some 91 or 92 LS400s driving around ... hahaha

U'r probably thinkin of mainland china :P ...