Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry to have to inform you that I shall have to leave the Lexus group here as I have bought myself another car but it is still a Toyota being a Landcruiser amazon.

I have had Lexus RX 300's for 4 yrs and they are great cars, however at the moment I have the urge to get something a bit bigger and really need something that will carry a bigger payload.

Maybe after having got this bug out of me I will return to Lexus not for another RX but something more car like, especially if they bring out an estate.

Toyota have looked after me so well with all of the cars made by them that I cannot see myself looking at other makes. Later on as I am comming up for retirement an Avensis estate may well fit my future needs

Although I will not be able to participate in any topics about the mark, I shall if I may stay to see the members comments and also to get first hand information if an estate is produced.

Thanks for being such a great bunch and I wish you all every happiness with your lexus's.

Reaspeed

Really nice choice of 4 X 4

It was something I was thinking about last year but I can.t find a good enough reason to get rid of the RX yet.

Hope you stick around on the forums and let us know the pros & cons of the Toyota.

Terry

Good luck with the new car.

I have put my IS 200 Sport up for sale with a view to getting a Honda Accord diesel excutive, found out today they have a facelift coming out early in the new year so am going to wait to see what it's like - it's got some new toys available as toys too :) Will leave the Lex up for sale and if somebody wants it will get another car to fill the gap while I decide.

Good luck Realspeed.

I changed from a new Rav 4 XT3 to a RX300 because I needed a bigger vehicle but its still in the Toyota group, lots of simularities in the car that were back on my Carina as well.

Regards Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just an update on Lexus Rx300 SE_L against Landcruiser amazon.

First I never had a dodgy gear change with the Lexus, thats got that out of the way.

Ok

The lexus is far quicker and more responsive and a bit lighter on fuel but the insurance is more. Also I cannot really see the need for a sequential gearbox, as I like most others I suspect leave it in automatic, however the manual side of the box is there if wanted. The seats do hold you better going around bends.

Against, for where I live cars comming the opposite way down my country lane

don't care if they hit the Lexus or not with the speed they go.

As for the Landcruiser amazon the main reason for the change was purely on size and internal space. On average the deisel 4.2 ltr engine is returning about 22/23 mph which isnt too bad for the size of car. The insurance is about £50 per year cheaper, also if towing then definately the Landcruiser or for serious off roading.

Maybe I am not up on sound systems but the Landcruiser seems on par with the Lexus, maybe due to bigger speakers. The acceleration is not as good but you don't have that type of car for speed.

However in the few days of ownership I have tended to notice those idiots who want to speed down the lane do tend to slow down and make way for me and if they land in a ditch or hedge then tough luck.

Another thing obviously is the height, being able to see far ahead in traffic does have an advantage,also having a bigger payload does mean less trips to the warehouse for pet food etc ( I own boarding kennels and cattery)

Out of choice if I didn't have this business and wanted a car for (normal ) use, then definately the Lexus wins hands down in most departments and I would definately go back to having one.

Realspeed