Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Afraid Of Kerbing Your Wheels?

Mr Singh

http://www.german-wheels.com/felgen/radinox/video3.php

Schmidt wheels

RADINOX is the name of a unique production process, initiated exclusively by Schmidt-Revolution, which results in stainless steel wheel rims that are lighter, harder and more polished when compared to aluminium alloys

:yahoo:

Don't get that at all :huh: what are they actually selling, is it some kind of stainless rim that fits over the tyre seat before the tyre is fitted??

even stainless will look like sh1te if you do that to it, just take a knife, spoon what ever and drag it down the kerb, its gonna be scratched.

and that really makes me cringe as well :duh: lol

Don't get that at all :huh:  what are they actually selling, is it some kind of stainless rim that fits over the tyre seat before the tyre is fitted??

even stainless will look like sh1te if you do that to it, just take a knife, spoon what ever and drag it down the kerb, its gonna be scratched.

and that really makes me cringe as well  :duh:  lol

Its deep dish wheel, VERY popular in the V-Dub world...

The go for the 'Stretched' tyre wall look, exposing the rim lip... I think it looks cool, to certain extent!

I have my rears stretched, but not that much lol

familiar with the whole euro look thing, but couldn't suss what they were selling, so its a 3 piece split rim with the outer part of the wheel made from stainless.

probably a good idea for the euro nutters, but must make a heavy wheel :huh:

I would imagine you sould get that lip skimmed on a lathe if you kerbed it with no need for paint/laquer etc, so a good idea from that perspective :)

Yeh, also at the end of the video, did you notice they had the wheel on a wheel balancer and found no faults!

The rim won't bend or scratch/dent from curbing... unless of course its subjected to huge load.

yeah I noticed, absolutely true :blink: , no way would an alloy rim survive that abuse, it is impressive for strength

I'd still like to see how much heavier they are than a regular split rim

If you look at the rim viewed from the rear of the car, before it cuts to him wiping it, it looks badly scratched. Stainless is strong but it would still scratch up bad subjceted to that abuse

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links