Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger+ Intercooler+blow Off

Guys

Alot of you probably saw my car at JAE, and I hope you'd half agree it looks mean lol

I want to give Alexis (her name) a present and supercharge her! I also want to install a big feck off intercooler coming through my Legana bumper at the bottom!

Heres the question Blitz or TTE and why?

I know alot of guys on here have the TTE supercharger any particular reason or was there a sale at Mr Prolex's last year?

Mr Prolex/ ASP / TDi what can ye do for me if you out there! Supercharger + intercooler kit? Ouotes? Let battle commence

Also I want a blow off valve aswell! Can you guys recommend one!

Help me move to Dark side! My car is sick of being a luxury prestige vehicle and is gagging to be the anti Chr1st reincarnated!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do Blitz make a supercharger for the IS200? I knew they do one for the RS200

Ahh thats right :blush: ! I know Mr Singh had a Blitz supercharger and just remembered he has the RS200! So its TTE supercharger I need then!

Cheers Colin for clarifying that aspect of my decision!

what about turbo matey

What kinda cost we looking at Daza? Bhp gain?

Dave Ellen was suggesting up around the 250 mark?

Your car is looking AMAZING!!

With the SS/TC its gonna have the speed to back up its MEAN looks :D

The Turbo I think is £4500. However it is a good idea to get a better gearbox, clutch and brakes for extra safety and performace.

Wish you well! :driving:

what about turbo matey

What kinda cost we looking at Daza? Bhp gain?

Dave Ellen was suggesting up around the 250 mark?

Your car is looking AMAZING!!

With the SS/TC its gonna have the speed to back up its MEAN looks :D

The Turbo I think is £4500. However it is a good idea to get a better gearbox, clutch and brakes for extra safety and performace.

Wish you well! :driving:

Thanks very much Anees! JAE was a big eye opener! I want to cross over to the other realm and join the likes of Daza and Mr Singh! Join us!

The TTE supercharger is the one you want mate.

Its bolt on and as its TTE it looks as if its always been there. They are also very good for performance and are quite a cheap major bhp increase.

It comes with its own intercooler. Although its not massive it does the job very well. You can then stick a performance filter into the airbox or go the (very loud) induction kit route.

Not sure if a blow off valve is really needed.

If you really want the blow off valve then you can go the turbo route. More cost but can be tuned alot more. Also as Anees said better off to also upgrade handling, braking, clutch etc (Not really required with the s/c)

Turbo is quite a nice solution.

BUT!

I have to warn all who want to do the job by themselves....

There is much additional work required, like fuel and exhaust system, to run the car perfectly.

And I would recommend, to do a dyno-mapping on it. :excl:

Only to fit the turbokit without upgrades won't make your car quicker than the TTE-supercharged IS. ;)

Yeah i'm thinking of going for a bigger intercooler alright! Thanks ad77! Very helpful! £4500 does seem expensive! I like the fact SC looks like its meant to be there aswell!

If you go the s/c route and want a larger intercooler, get intouch with Prolex as i was originally after a larger one for my s/c and Dave was able to source one :winky:

Yeah i'm thinking of going for a bigger intercooler alright! Thanks ad77! Very helpful! £4500 does seem expensive! I like the fact SC looks like its meant to be there aswell!

If you go the s/c route and want a larger intercooler, get intouch with Prolex as i was originally after a larger one for my s/c and Dave was able to source one :winky:

Think I have got a massive one from ASP sorted!

Think I have got a massive one from ASP sorted!

intercoolers are a fine art ! too big and they will have an negative effect on performance, probably better to be undersized than over , its certainly not the case of what looks best :whistling:

I love the blow off valve noise it makes the car sound mean! What makes are out there? Are they car specific?

Could somebody recommend one?

Is the blow off valve used on turbo'd cars to keep the turbo spinning up when the foot is taken off the accelerator when changing gears :question:

The s/c is belt driven so it will "spin" as soon as the accelerator is depressed hence no need for a blow off valve, also no lag.

I was told that the ones that ASP were selling dont fit the TTE s/c

Really? That throws a spanner in the works! Yemgi where are you? Where you get your intercooler!

Looking at Yemgi's pics of installing the s/c, he's intercooler looks like the TTE one that comes with the kit

Looks like its going to be 2wice the cost for turbo than s/c...

Plus if your not very engine minded, i think turbo is little risky unless you bring car over to UK and have Prolex carry work out..

s/c can be fitted very easily.

Altezza Turbos are dirty cheap! (£1800-£5000) about 6 turbo kits ranging from 250bhp-420bhp :D

I felt i needed to add that :P

Looks like its going to be 2wice the cost for turbo than s/c...

Plus if your not very engine minded, i think turbo is little risky unless you bring car over to UK and have Prolex carry work out..

s/c can be fitted very easily.

Altezza Turbos are dirty cheap! (£1800-£5000) about 6 turbo kits ranging from 250bhp-420bhp :D

I felt i needed to add that :P

Mr Singh! Saw your car at JAE and loved it!!! What intercooler are you running at the mo?

I love the blow off valve noise it makes the car sound mean! What makes are out there? Are they car specific?

Could somebody recommend one?

Is the blow off valve used on turbo'd cars to keep the turbo spinning up when the foot is taken off the accelerator when changing gears :question:

Really? That throws a spanner in the works! Yemgi where are you? Where you get your intercooler!

@ adie yes it is mate it allows for fast gear change and the turbo is still spinning

and it sounds awesome :winky:

@ galla4

you would have to talk to mr singh about is blow off valve there is normally not enough presure from a s/charger to get them working but not to up on s/chargers

pound for pound the s/charger bolts on looks like it should be there 50 bhp

turbo abit more expensive but more tunable more power but alot of work involved as roadrash has said

dave prolex offering some nice kits running .5 boost you wait untill adie gets his and ask him for the comparision