Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Needs Tlc

Tony-Bones

Gord... I know you are up Besty's arse and all that but do you have to keep going on about it?

For ***** sake!!!  :shutit:

BESTY thanks you for your help mate  :winky: hope you need help one day  :winky:
Gord... I couldn't give a **** what you or besty thinks... Are you really so sad you are relaying things to him?

To tell you the truth... And I really am biting my tongue here... just try getting out more mate.

image357.jpg

edina.jpg

scottieutd%20blk.jpg

:lol:

Edited by ScarFace

'ARBITRATOR' elected by the members of LOC by poll could police disputes and mediate between admin and members, somone who members can talk to and vent an argument and have a target to go to rather than post the topic directly within the forum generating anger. I'm sure everyone understands any post regarding

Race, Religion or personal abuse will be dealt with directly by Admin this is understandably without dispute, but there is a need i feel for somone in between, somone without the power to 'turn off' a member of LOC, somone that can argue that particular conflict with admin, and somone that LOC members must realize the outcome beit good or bad is 'Final' in resolve.

I didn't read all of this thread, just Tony's first few posts, but basically... As you all know, i too, was a member long before i made my first post.

The main reason i didn't post anything for a while, was because i felt like my knowledge was hugely lacking, and being young, i didn't want to look like a fool and say silly things that would make people lose respect for me.

An example of this mistake was made by "LowRed" aka "Chav" when he hopped onto the forum, raving and ranting, but he made a very good recovery with his apology. (Big respect Chris!)

I think (*and this is only my opinion*) that everyone should keep an open mind about everyone else, and appreciate that some peoples knowledge is not as comprehensive as others.

I truely believe that LOC, is one of the best Forum/Clubs on the net and in real life, to exist (not just from a Lexus Owners point of view).

We are all inteligent, opinionated and respected adults here.

Lets keep it this way.

(if anyone feels that any of my comments in this post are "offensive", please feel free to correct or offer an alternate point of view)

Regards,

Niraj.

:blush:

sorry - perhaps i should explain a little deeper (metaphors rarely work on forums)

It seems people are just taking things a little too seriously of late, i mean, this is a car club, not social services....

I just think if everyone took a chill-pill, and looked at this objectivley, it would be a much nicer place...

sorry - perhaps i should explain a little deeper (metaphors rarely work on forums)

It seems people are just taking things a little too seriously of late, i mean, this is a car club, not social services....

I just think if everyone took a chill-pill, and looked at this objectivley, it would be a much nicer place...

Well said!... This is one of the best forums out there on the big net and its the content that makes us all 'login' day after day, if the posts become less informative then the 'logout' option could become the norm. There is a 'Barrier' between Admin and the 'shop floor', LOC have 'NOT' put this up it's just the way any forum could run, but the subliminal 'Big brother' exists for good reason most times? when things dont read well Admin can become the target but there is seemingly a communication problem, hence the 'Besty' topic, in my oppionion an elected Arbitrator could finalize things for us all!

With all due respect Tony mate, you're making the mistake of thinking that LOC is some kind of democracy.

The brutal truth is that LOC is owned, lock, stock and barrel by "admin" - why would they want/need an arbitrator.

It's a bit like watching the telly - if you don't like what's on - don't watch it mate.

(holy cr*p am I ever gonna get flamed now)

With all due respect Tony mate, you're making the mistake of thinking that LOC is some kind of democracy.

The brutal truth is that LOC is owned, lock, stock and barrel by "admin" - why would they want/need an arbitrator.

It's a bit like watching the telly - if you don't like what's on - don't watch it mate.

hopefully not Rod.

Thats the truth of the matter from what I know.

If any of us don't like whats said we can "switch off"

never understand why people watch things and then moan about them

al la` mary whitehouse, freedom to choose ........so choose !

Well what can I say..... I have been away for a fair while now enjoying life as a rover owner :whistling::driving: yeah right.. anyway thought I would visit all my mates in here and the first thread I come across is this s**t .. I thought this all packed up mths and mths ago... I suppose its just a forum thing.. and comes to a head every once in a while.. anyway its nice to see a healthy debate..lol

Craig

Democracy, owned by, turn over, if everyone turns over then things would read very quiet. I fully understand what you are saying, but do you understand what i am writing? Answer me this!

All i suggest is that by proxy members have a elected voice.

This could eliminate aggresssion between members and resolve disputes, whats wrong with that?

Topics of late have been 'heavy' add a 'arb' seems quite easy as a point for resolve.

(holy cr*p am i ever gonna get flamed now)

thought this all packed up mths and mths ago... I suppose its just a forum thing.. and comes to a head every once in a while.. anyway its nice to see a healthy debate..lol

Craig

Your the second person to talk about things "not changing" has this kind of thing happened before?

Is this what all this .org business was about? :question:

and where would LOC be with no members.......

in my opinion moderators that are VOTED in by paying gold members is the way to at least try and stop this them and us...

what LOC needs is for the members to realise that its an internet car club.

thats all.

nothing more.

Its not a democracy. Its not a dictatorship. Its not a company

Its not any real life sociatal or business group.

You are "members" by virtue of having registered using details that can quite easily be fake - we dont even check if you are a real person.

You are not stakeholders. You are not shareholders. You are not investors.

If you are a goldmember - you have not purchased anything other than access to a separate area of the club, within which there are a load of discounts which save you money on servicing, maintaining and doing up your car.

We appreciate the support of these goldmembers - it is these members that basically keep the club going.

But this subscription does not make you in anyway involved in running the club.

Its an internet car club. Thats all.

If you like it here, please keep visiting - you are welcome.

If you are new, or have not posted - please pull up a chair, tell us all about yourself. What Lexus do you drive? Any pics? Any mods? Share with your fellow owners.

You dont like it? Click somewhere else. No-one is here because we have captured their browser and its the only site you can visit.

No-one is here because of any nefarious internet techniques. Everyone is here of their own free will.

With all due respect Tony mate,

and where would LOC be with no members.......

in my opinion moderators that are VOTED in by paying gold members is the way to at least try and stop this them and us...

good point

good point

sorry guys.

but dont make me **** laugh.

I remember the fiasco of people cheating to get a picture of their car on a calendar that only 30 people in the world would ever **** see.

And now you are proposing the same members be asked to vote for people to run the club? :lol::lol:

what LOC needs is for the members to realise that its an internet car club.

thats all.

nothing more.

Its not a democracy. Its not a dictatorship. Its not a company

Its not any real life sociatal or business group.

You are "members" by virtue of having registered using details that can quite easily be fake - we dont even check if you are a real person.

You are not stakeholders. You are not shareholders. You are not investors.

If you are a goldmember - you have not purchased anything other than access to a separate area of the club, within which there are a load of discounts which save you money on servicing, maintaining and doing up your car.

We appreciate the support of these goldmembers - it is these members that basically keep the club going.

But this subscription does not make you in anyway involved in running the club.

Its an internet car club. Thats all.

If you like it here, please keep visiting - you are welcome.

If you are new, or have not posted - please pull up a chair, tell us all about yourself. What Lexus do you drive? Any pics? Any mods? Share with your fellow owners.

You dont like it? Click somewhere else. No-one is here because we have captured their browser and its the only site you can visit.

No-one is here because of any nefarious internet techniques. Everyone is here of their own free will.

always respected your views Mat, can count on you to vall it as it is.. (and no im not taking the ***** lol)

good point

sorry guys.

but dont make me **** laugh.

I remember the fiasco of people cheating to get a picture of their car on a calendar that only 30 people in the world would ever **** see.

And now you are proposing the same members be asked to vote for people to run the club? :lol::lol:

oh yeeeh i remember that fiasco, another good point.

@rodders, 300 people you say, that surprises me,, over what time frame were those posts out of interest..

LOC is equal.. regardless of of 1 post or 10,000 posts paul.

People come and go... you might go and buy a Merc next year... who knows??.. will you still stick around?.. very doubtfull. I have seen some very active members then they change car and its the last you see of them.

As matthew says.. its just a car club... so go and talk cars and enjoy it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links