Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Is200 Stolen

im already looking at security for my next car...

not sure on reliability of gsm tracking id prefer tracker as they use their own response team....

had an uncle who has his merc taken, fortuntely he had tracker installed, the police waited 3 weeks though before they recovered his car as they were watching the perpretators first to see what kinda operation was running...

RIP OY53 LML

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok but what if the car shows up in the meantime? do i have to accept the car back as it will obviously not be the same..?

once again the innocent are the victims........

You don't have to accept the car even if they find it, I'm sure if I had said I didn't want it, they would've agreed, but once I saw my baby again I wanted her back :blush:

Didn't really want to buy another IS anyway, and no other car could live up to the IS either :P

Good luck whichever way it goes :)

insurance said if car turned up i would have no choice but to accept it back, and that they would repair it back to its original state....cost pending of course...

not too keen on this, i dont think my car will ever be the same...

I have this (PAC2) installed in my car! All under £100! This is a superb unit....had it for a while...It rings you are when car alarm goes off, listen in to your car etc....and

ultimately you can track the car where it is (mobile phone tracking service) without actually paying the "TRACKER" price!!!!! I have all the features! Highly recommended!

Did you install this yourself? Wouldn't mind having that myself.

SHAZ & Mr-Lex flash the headlights next time you see me, my parents live in Eastham so I'm there most of the time.

Ash

I have this (PAC2) installed in my car! All under £100! This is a superb unit....had it for a while...It rings you are when car alarm goes off, listen in to your car etc....and

ultimately you can track the car where it is (mobile phone tracking service) without actually paying the "TRACKER" price!!!!! I have all the features! Highly recommended!

Did you install this yourself? Wouldn't mind having that myself.

SHAZ & Mr-Lex flash the headlights next time you see me, my parents live in Eastham so I'm there most of the time.

Ash

Yes mate installed it myself...fairly DIY job...mind you I have Clifford alarm and all additional wires are fairly available to connect. It's just matter of finding some Lexus alarm wires :geek:

Next time I see your car...will do that :winky:

Clifford Alarm is doing similiar product as well...AutoCate 800 (Bottom page)

my next minor venture might be Credex Smoke Screen .(Bottom page) Fills the car with smoke, with the Credex Smoke Screen. This system links into a car alarm and in the event of the alarm being activated, fills the car with smoke in seconds. This makes stealing anything from inside the car, or hotwiring, almost impossible.

You should have gave me a holla'...............

I would have done but i was stuck in traffic and you shot down the left of the slip road, turnin left onto romford road :ph34r:.... I wasnt in the lex either

Ash

Will do mate :)

ok but what if the car shows up in the meantime? do i have to accept the car back as it will obviously not be the same..?

once again the innocent are the victims........

You don't have to accept the car even if they find it, I'm sure if I had said I didn't want it, they would've agreed, but once I saw my baby again I wanted her back :blush:

Didn't really want to buy another IS anyway, and no other car could live up to the IS either :P

Good luck whichever way it goes :)

Parthiban, how did your car get recovered? was it via police? i have had insurance asking to send all remaning keys to them, they said if car turns up they will recover themselves and take to garage for assesment....

did you remain positive of getting car back ?? or were police quite helpful i your situation?

:crying: ....

Parthiban, how did your car get recovered? was it via police? i have had insurance asking to send all remaning keys to them, they said if car turns up they will recover themselves and take to garage for assesment....

did you remain positive of getting car back ?? or were police quite helpful i your situation?

:crying: ....

It was quite weird as the guys who nicked it left it in a private car park (apparently its to see if the car has a tracker or not). However, this car park was patrolled and when security saw it there with no permit, they called it in (as it was unlikely for a car like that to have been dumped). Police told them to impound the car, and then they asked us for the spare key so they could go in and take prints and the like.

After this, police said its now between you and your insurance company. Insurance wanted to tow the car to their own garage, but I said I wanted it to go to Lexus, so they said sort it out with your dealer and we'll take it there.

It was then fully inspected by Lexus, all locks and keys replaced, and every single mark on the car was repaired.

To be honest, I didn't think it was coming back, I thought it would've been out of the country pretty quick. It wasn't so bad for me because the car had hardly been driven. It had gone max 5 miles after they nicked it, and as it was 7.30pm, they couldn't have gone anywhere very fast

Not sure how good the police were, and whether they would've found the car had it not been left where it was, but they have caught the :tsktsk: who took it, so guess they're doing a pretty good job :)

Which insurance company are you with? I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to I could've rejected the car and asked for a payout :ph34r:

my insurers are direct line, they said turnaround for cheque being issued is 4 weeks, thats assuming their valuation meets mine....

but it could be the car turns up in the meantime thats when it gets complicated, apparently if the car turns up in a repairable state they will restore it to its former glory, i havent really got a choice in that as far as i was lead to believe..

thanks LowRed, the way i figure it is the more eyes there are out there that know about it, the more chance i have in getting back my motor

if anyone knows of any other forums please spread the word...

OY53 LML Vin : ....15844

Last seen in the london area......help catch the low lifes responsible...

still no news on my car, going through the motions now with insurance...

phoned police today and asked if they had any leads but they said an officer hadnt even been allocated to the case!!??? doesnt give you much confidence in their work, i think if my motor turns up now it will be pure luck as much anything...

leg on the mend now but still got bruising on my side, it scares me to think what coulda happened...

what does the blackjax device do? if the engine is still running at the time of vehicle getting nicked does it still immobilize?

considering a gsm tracking device for next car, can any1 recommend any products?

If you engine is running ............ and your drivers side door opens ........... you have a certain time limit (usually 30 seconds) from when you have to re-enter the code / pin.

If the code is not entered after this time, the hazard lights and brake lights will start to flash on the car, warning everyone around you, then the car will come to a stop.

The car will then not start again, even with the keys, until the code is entered !

what does the blackjax device do? if the engine is still running at the time of vehicle getting nicked does it still immobilize?

considering a gsm tracking device for next car, can any1 recommend any products?

If you engine is running ............ and your drivers side door opens ........... you have a certain time limit (usually 30 seconds) from when you have to re-enter the code / pin.

If the code is not entered after this time, the hazard lights and brake lights will start to flash on the car, warning everyone around you, then the car will come to a stop.

The car will then not start again, even with the keys, until the code is entered !

It's all doors, not drivers only :winky:

It's all doors, not drivers only :winky:

Depends on who set's it up i guess ?

I thought it was just the drivers side door ...........

Nope, it's meant to be all doors...if it's only driver side then the "carjacker" will always use other passenger doors to use the vehicle (that is if he/she knows about the blackjaxx system) :whistling: :winky:

Drivers door only makes sense to me. It would be hard to drag the driver out through the passenger door, so carjacker would force the driver to go out the drivers door if they came in from that side.

Also major pain in the butt to have to put the code in every time you drop a passenger off.

Drivers door only makes sense to me. It would be hard to drag the driver out through the passenger door, so carjacker would force the driver to go out the drivers door if they came in from that side.

Also major pain in the butt to have to put the code in every time you drop a passenger off.

Well its added security...and it makes sense to have all doors rather than one door only. It's not only carjacking...but theft as well...say they broke in from the other windows???

Once you have the system, you can disable it for few seconds to let the passengers out without punching in any code....( :ph34r: ) ....

how about  a tracker system that actives and electrifies the thief when the car comes to a stop....

that would be worth paying for...

If you were in South Africa ........ then yes.

Illegal here unfortunatley ! :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links