Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving Test

SHAHZ

HOW MANY ATTEMPTS TO GET YOUR LICENCE??  

159 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY ATTEMPTS TO GET YOUR LICENCE??

• First Time
    • Second
    • Third Time Lucky
    • Fourth
    • Still Trying!!
    • What Is A Licence??

Passed first time on a bike when I was 16 - 1965 Honda Sports 50, based on the step-thru, but with 4 gears, a proper clutch and no leg shields. Faster than modern day restricted 50's too :lol: Could go straight onto big bikes in those days :D :D :D

Second time in a car at 17 - my Dads 1960's Austin Cambridge. Much easier to reverse round corners due to the pointed rear wings. First time failed because I couldn't see the wings on the instructors Austin 1100 :duh:

IanB :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3rd time lucky for me, failed the first for parrallel parking (bumped the bloody curb) and second for driving too aggressively, whatever the hell that means.

I still dont enjoy parrallel parking to this day - the instructor scarred me for life :D

• 2 weeks later...

I passed my driving test back in March 1994, first time, but I did have quite a few minor faults but back then, you could have as many minors as you liked so long as you stayed away from serious and dangerous. In 2003 I passed my part one theory second time to become a driving instructor, then passed my part two driving test 1st time with only three minors, then passed my part three, test if instructional ability third time about april 04 and got a 4 and a 4. Six months later I had my first educational visit from an SEADI and instead of advice, he gave me a grade 5, the higest you can get is a six. Currently I am doing my ROSPA and have my mock this Thursday so will hopefully be going for a gold.

• 1 month later...

First time, with 2 minors. Should have been clean sweep though, got a minor for 'not applying the appropriate speed when necessary' doing 45 on a country road where the limit was 60. And for 'not staying in lane when i came off a round-a-bout' when I did (there was only one really wide lane that was impossible to stray out of).

Think he needed to get some strikes down for the day :winky: :lol: