Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Perfection....

Mr Singh

BOOOOO!!!!

saw you had replied and was expecting pics!

/points at Mr Singh

BOOOOOO!!!!

BOOOOOO!!!!

:D

lol.

Sorry to disapoint you :P

Few of my mates want me to do there cars..... looks like i WILL be buying a PCP after all!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Folks, here are some pics.

Took the car to Edition 38, its a show strictly for V-dubs/German cars... My brother pushed me to go so i though 'why not' And the response was 'show stopping' :P

On with the pics.

Resize%20of%20Picture%20028.jpg

Driver side wing during SFX-1

Resize%20of%20Picture%20033.jpg

More SFX-1

Resize%20of%20Picture%20039.jpg

4 coats of SG, 1 coat of Pinnacle Wax :)

Resize%20of%20Picture%20040.jpg

Center of the wheels hit with Pinnacle Wax, and rims with Alu Belgom Metal Polish

Resize%20of%20Picture%20041.jpg

How low? the under side was resting on the grass, bring it on LowRed!!! :P :lol:

I drive it everyday like that, i can go more but it sparks as it is :D is lower now since JAE :)

Resize%20of%20Picture%20043.jpg

Very black, very flat, very shinneeyy!!

Resize%20of%20Picture%20045.jpg

King of 'dumped' ?

Resize%20of%20Picture%20046.jpg

Resize%20of%20Picture%20049.jpg

Will get some better pics.

Pinnacle Wax is simply Amazing!!!!!! the car started to go little hazy with the SG, i found others with the same problem over @ Autopia forum, Wax darkend the colour and made the paint look extremely wet!!

Big, Huge thanks to Colin P for lending me the kit...

:)

Cheers, i might avoid dark car next, silver car will give me a well deserved break lol.

Yeh camber is very crude, -3deg front, -3.5deg rear.

Good thing my annual mileage is under half of the national average!!

Thanks guys.

The wetsanding its the 'Biggest' contributing factor to the end result. The Orange peel is no longer, reflections are Crisp, not blurry and hazy...

Some of you folks do more mileage so not ideal for everyone.... this is primarily a show car, but i do drive it everyday as its my only car at the mo!

Now you've finished polishing it, and making us all (well most of us) look bad, why not put a fish tank in the boot - fish tank car and here more pics

I met the owner of this on holiday - he's won a couple of shows with it, apparently the speakers are behind the glass - oh and the fish aren't real.

Not my cup of tea but different. -maybe a JAE winner in a Lexus :sick:

Now you've finished polishing it, and making us all (well most of us) look bad, why not put a fish tank in the boot -  fish tank car  and here more pics

I met the owner of this on holiday - he's won a couple of shows with it, apparently the speakers are behind the glass - oh and the fish aren't real. 

Not my cup of tea but different. -maybe a JAE winner in a Lexus  :sick:

:lol:

Have seen some crazy trick installs when i go the states for exhibitions....

That ones mild compared to come i've seen.... still, looks kinda electric blue... lol

not my taste either lol

Guys...

Does wax last less on SG than it would if it was AIO then wax'd?

So long as the surface to which the wax is applied is in good condition (your's certainly is!) then it would make very little difference.

The benefit of the SG is that it "locks in" the shine which you have achieved with the AIO and helps to protect your paintwork from UV and the elements.

Mmmmm i see.

I just wondered with SG the wax will evaporate faster simply as its less bonded to the surface because of the SG.

Wax essentially darkens the colour, i noticed it straight away after SG.. I guess i will wax the car every 2-4wks...

For black and very dark coloured cars IMO 2-3 coats of SG followed by 2-3 coats of wax give a better result than >3 coats of SG followed by wax.

In very bright & sunny weather too much SG seems to give a mild "hazy" effect whereas additional coats of wax, as you say, tend to deepen the colour.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Mr.... i have just painted my car black.........and i have just started wetsanding it back with 2000 grit, but im still geting faint sanding lines once i have Compounded it..........do i just need to go over it one more time ;)

i will put some pic,s up later :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links