Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want 400hp!

Hiya,

I've been deliberating over this for some time now but I can't seem to decide what route to take? I had a Celica GT-Four which was easy & fun to mod, all the way up to 396hp. I'm EXTREMELY tempted to re-use the 3sgte as I know that engine so well. I'm afraid it will snap my gearbox tho I aint too confident in the Tezza's box :geek:

I was thinking:

1. Keep my 1GFE, get the stronger internals (most likely from Dave @ Prolex), turbo kit and go that way. I can't seem to find much parts for this engine tho (headgasket, head bolts, cams, adj cam gears, etc). Will the stock gearbox take the abuse tho?

2. Use the 3S-GTE, and mod it to my heart's content (huge aftermarket for that engine). :hehe: :D :P I know my GT4's box held up to 400hp, but can the stock Altezza box do the same?

3. Step up to the 1JZ. :driving: I wouldn't mind doing this except that I can't seem to find much info on this engine (OEM and aftermarket parts). Am I looking in the wrong place?

4. The 2JZ. At the moment this option seems a bit too pricey 4 me tho :(

What do y'all think?

If money is no problem, the 3S-GTE is probably doable.

Or

3S-GE with Toda stroker kit which lowers compression to 8.6:1 then add either a HKS GT-RS turbo kit, which will do something around 380bhp, but with other mods and higher boost is capable and known to produce 420bhp.

Dave you just had to throw something in here to confuse me didn't ya!!! :lol:

Was set on 3S route, now you step in here with your 1G plans! You had to leave me in a dilemma didnt ya!!! :lol::hehe:

1. 3SGE

2. 3SGTE

3. 1GFE

Eeeny, meeny, miiiny, mo! :unsure:

:lol:

this advert just popped up recently on our Singapore forums (the parts are actually in australia! power of the internet :))

=============================

2000 model Is200 motor(2ltr 6cyl)complete, turbo, intercooler, Exhaust, Haltech computer, six-speed gearbox, all piping.

Extensive head and motor work. Motor less than 15,000kms. receipts available.

250rwkw (dyno'd) [335 whp!!!] papers available. Hear running.

It has also forged pistons & rods.

==============================

hoping for 400 gee gees soon.........1 bar of boost----2100cc engine---gas flowed head----NOS all from 1g-fe  :crybaby:

That will be very impressive.

But imo NOS is cheating :P

the 3sge is do able quite happily

as thats what hks running in their drift car

yes but what sort of budget does HKS have? has it been reliable?

I think the 3sgte route would be kick a$$, in fact I think Mat (of the Monster) can help source one I think.

or even a 1jz!!

I'm hopeful to have a container load of tuning gear for the 1G-GTE ENGINE THAT USED TO BE IN THE JZA70 supras....coming soon..........

talking forged pistons/rods

vvti less uprated camshafts

uprated heads

all by messrs HKS & co............

call me the 1G meister :D

:whistling: Dave please let me know when you get all this in........... :D :winky:

I'm hopeful to have a container load of tuning gear for the 1G-GTE ENGINE THAT USED TO BE IN THE JZA70 supras....coming soon..........

talking forged pistons/rods

vvti less uprated camshafts

uprated heads

all by messrs HKS & co............

call me the 1G meister  :D

enough for a trip to tescos  :whistling:

When did Tesco open a store on the Nurburgring? :D

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links