Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Insurance....

So, my insurance is up in October for my car, and starting to call around to get an idea of the cost to renew... Hitiing a couple of issues;

1. No tracker so some companies (direct line, privilage, egg) will not quote.

2. Had a claim in June 2001, again some people will not quote (esure).

So, anyone got any suggestions on who I should try..presently with Admiral and might stay depending on renewal cost. Just like to know in advance what I can get elsewhere.

Have you tried MoreThan on the web. I was insured by them previously and saved about £130 by cancelling my previous policy and then re-insuring with them on the net. Apparently the Insurance on the internet is only really for first time users, so people like me who have been with MoreThan for about 5 years running get penalised ! :blink:

on "more than"..they cant find my house, it is in a new housing estate so sometime issues with them finding it on their computers..

I saved over £600, yes six hundred pounds, by moving from MoreThan to Lexus Insurance (which is administered, but not uderwritten, by MoreThan's parent RoyalSunalliance!

27 years old, 7 years no claims - £600 with esure. They didn't want to insure me due to being under 30 but i'd insured my IS with them so they had to transfer me over.

My new GS sel is actually marginally cheaper to insure even though its group 17 and the rx is group 15. Odd. But good!

I'd recommend esure - but i will investigate Tesco when its time to change, they seem very competitive.

So far £511 with Tesco... I'm 35, 1 claim in 2001..and no points (touch wood). Car is garaged and do about 8K miles a year.

Noticing that my group 17 BMW 330Ci was cheaper to insure than the RX and it was 2 groups higher :(

Privilage will not quote as no tracker... but not paying out loads of £££ for a tracker when the only difference appears to be that they will quote, but not necessarily give you cheaper insurance.

So, my insurance is up in October for my car, and starting to call around to get an idea of the cost to renew... Hitiing a couple of issues;

So, anyone got any suggestions on who I should try..presently with Admiral and might stay depending on renewal cost. Just like to know in advance what I can get elsewhere.

Best quotes I had were with First Alternative and Norwich Union Direct. Went with the latter as they gave a better rate for imported models.

So tried again... still getting the following

"VEHICLE SECURITY

Due to the type of vehicle, we require it to be fitted with a Privilege approved security device. If you choose to buy the policy, an acceptable certificate of installation must be forwarded to us. If we do not receive the appropriate certification then loss or damage caused by theft is excluded. If you cannot find your device on the list or if you do not have one fitted, please call us

"

I never read it properly before, looks like I have to call them... hate call centres, they can never understand my scottish accent. :(

I have thatcham approved fitted on mine.

Remote + window closure etc.

Insurance did ask and I told them it was fitted. Asked them if they wanted a copy of the certificate but they said no.

I suppose they would want to see it if I made a claim!

I am with Lexus Insurance £ 310 :D

now £310 sounds much better...I'll have to give them a ring also...making up a nice wee list to ring round when renewal notice hits (less than 30 days)...

Who underwrites that?

Who underwrites that?

Lexus Insurance is managed on behalf of Lexus (GB) and is underwritten by Aioi Motor and General Insurance Company of Europe