Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On the way to work this morning when something under the bonnet began to squeek & squeel like a trapped cat - I thought I would drive a little further, stop and take a look then all of a sudden the dashboard lit up like a fruit machine and started beeping. The lights that let up were as follows: - "VSC" "VSC Off", "ABS" and the red warning light.

Car was driving fine no problems - drove the 2 miles home and left the car for 10 mins. Went back to it and everything is fine - before I call Lexus does anyone have any ideas on the problem???? :crybaby: BTW GS300 MkII 1998

The sort of noise you describe I would normally associate with drive belts slipping.

All I can suggest is the one of the pumps or pulleys has a duff bearing that tightens up when hot causing the belt to slip and then when it cools down it frees off again.

As for the lights I have no suggestions.

Not much but hope it helps.

The last time I heard about the lights going all mickey on a car, it was the electrics melting under the bonnet on a brand new Honda - the bloke pulled over on the side of a dual carriageway cuz the car just completely cut out on him, and smoke starting appearing from under the bonnet - his car then burnt out. I hope that ain't what's happening to yours, but it could be worth checking out. :crybaby:

Its probably the brake master cylinder malfunctioning, my MK II did exactly the same, all lights on, horrible buzzer noises ect..........unfortunately you have too replace the whole master cylinder with its ancilleries otherwise you wont have any traction control or stability.......................sorry its a bummer

Its probably the brake master cylinder malfunctioning, my MK II did exactly the same, all lights on, horrible buzzer noises ect..........unfortunately you have too replace the whole master cylinder with its ancilleries otherwise you wont have any traction control or stability.......................sorry its a bummer

Oh dear that sounds really nasty - how much would that cost ??

Cost me £2,100 after the gold discount which was 10%, some folks will tell you to live with it or get a second hand one but for safetys sake a new one really is needed.................one helpful person suggested that i just disconnect the buzzer :huh: ...................buzzer there for a reason eh?...............sorry to be the bearer of not so good tidings :unsure: