Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 Turbo Pics

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good - are we ever going to see this in the flesh?  :D

Looks superb - will you ever be at any of the car shows with this?

Autronic are very good ECU's mate which will you be using, the SM2

Guys I would be glad to get over there to meet up with yous sometime but it depends on wether I get the chance!!! :blush:

JAE would have been superb but I am sure somthin can be arranged in the future and also Gord (GRiM) would prob be interested too. Also another friend who recently joined the LOC (jonnywrx27) would be glad to oblige too!!!! :whistling:

Mat, I can't remember exactly but I think it is the SM4.

Could be wrong but I know it is the very best (top of the range) ECU from Autronic!!!!! costing about £1200-£1300 alone. but worth every penny!!!!!!!!!

ANTI-LAG, TRACTION CONTROL, LAUNCH CONTROL, NOS CONTROL, FULL VVTI CONTROL, BOOST CONTROL, (NO MORE electronic throttle control), FULL DE-CAT EXHAUST WITH KAZAMA (sounds cool :D ) and I'm sure plenty more but can't remember cos the alchohol has taken too much affect at present!!! :duh:

Heres some more pics of the turbo taken in daylight this time :P

Had to remove the headlight washer units from the bumper to make it fit as well as triming around the bottom grill (bout 1 inch all round) and fitting new mesh to both grills so they now match. I'm also extremely pleased with the look of the DIY JDM headlights and fog lights. I would recommend it. Oh and the eyebrows are on there too.

I am going to install the headlight washers again when I change the bumper but when I do they will pop out from either side of the intercooler and spray the intercooler itself. :D Very trick :shifty:

The ECU is due back on saturday after being sent back to Australia to get a lexus board fitted. There was a delay in getting the ECU sent back over here and if not for this it would have been on the road already. :angry:

Oh and Matt it is the SM4 model.

Should be finished at the end of next week and safety mapped on the road as the dyno is out of action temporarily. It will be fine tuned when the dyno is sorted :D

Enjoy!!!

post-9604-1126878758.jpg

post-9604-1126878780.jpg

post-9604-1126878800.jpg

post-9604-1126878813.jpg

post-9604-1126878825.jpg

post-9604-1126878837.jpg

post-9604-1126878850.jpg

post-9604-1126878863.jpg

Fantastic looking car there mate, certainly come on a long way since Steve sold it :D

The lights look ace, think I'm going to have to shift my gold one's and get some custom one's done :D

Everything just looks 'clean' if you know what I mean, just the way it should do :)

What with you, Gord and Owen and the other turbo'd Altezza's over there Ireland has some very nice cars now :D

And to think Gord was the only one representing for ages!!

We need an Ireland meet now

I think it's an idea :D

You boys know the venues as I haven't got a clue over there!

One thing I would ask is what are the ferries like as there are a lot of lowered cars here and I know Zee had problems coming back from Germany once as he couldn't get over the ramps!!

Tell Gord we'll try and get him some Desperados!

I might even get a cheap flight and just drink all weekend, but that's the Irish in me :P

We would have to pick the right weekend when there is a big show on or somthin.

You can usually drive diagonally on and off the ferries as they tell you to do that anyway if you have a lowered car.

I will try and find out when would be a good time to come over as I'm sure yous don't want to be over here at the minute with all those idiots rioting :angry:

Hopefully shouldn't be too hard to get somthin organised and I dare say Gord will be happy to hear it too.

But anyway :offtopic: back to looking at my car!!! :P

Looking very nice mate :D let us know how you get on with the ECU when its all been maped, :whistling:

What bhp do you think you will get from this setup................ is this the same setup as daves & adie "ie" same Turbo kit? also what boost will you run to start with .5 ??? :winky:

Will be mapping to .6 bar of boost but will also have the overboost function from the Blitz boost controller which will allow the boost to rise over .6 bar slightly for a few seconds before returning to normal.

I have the same manifold and turbo as Dave is using in his kits but everything else is custom made! This includes all intercooler piping, oil lines (braided), fuel line upgrade(braided), full stainless straight through exhaust from turbo back and Pro-lex kazama (all cats out), all heat sheilds, intercooler mounting bracket and couple of other bits that I can't remember.

I am hoping for about 260bhp-280bhp initially but it will be closer to the 280bhp mark when we fine tune it on the rollers. :D

Fair play mate. Your car looks wicked. I hope mine looks as good as yours :whistling:

Also let us know if you run around 280 bhp. As eventually i'll be looking to get mine around that maybe a little higher. Whatever i can get out of it on standard internalls....(for the time being) :D

I'll defo be up for an Ireland meet :winky:

Also let us know if you run around 280 bhp. As eventually i'll be looking to get mine around that maybe a little higher. Whatever i can get out of it on standard internalls....(for the time being) :D

I didn't think it was safe on standard internals much above 250 / 260?

I'll add you to the Ireland list buddy :D

I didn't think it was safe on standard internals much above 250 / 260?

I'll add you to the Ireland list buddy :D

I think the MAX you can go with std internals is 300bhp .......... :whistling: but the :question: is how long will the std internals last at 300bhp :crying: ..............to be on the safe side i would only boost it to 280bhp max :D :driving:

at .6 i think you will see about 260/70 :winky:

any way let us know how you get on with it.............. :D

Yeah man the car was left in to get the ECU fitted earlier today(17/09/05).

I'm hoping it will be ready for saturday cos we have a drag strip and track day on sat.

When the s/c was removed I got a 17.72sec 1/4mile time so I am hoping to get in the 14's with the turbo.

I will not have 280bhp initially cos we are (safety) mapping on the road as our rolling road is out of action. :blush:

Once the rollers are sorted it will be fine tuned to 280bhp maybe more!!! :D

This will be a reliable map and not with the worry of bowing the engine.

I will most certainly keep you guys posted on this as things develop!!

I am also looking forward to seeing yous all over here for the now nearly certain........................IRELAND MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Have u got purple silcone hoses? bit girly :P

Look fwd to your BHP/torque readout.

How much have you spent if you don't mind me asking?

The hoses are blue silicon SFS hoses. instead of samco!!

I'm looking forward the bhp figures too :crybaby: :duh: :D

The complete build from start to finish is costing................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :crybaby: ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :crybaby: ................................................................................................................ :duh: .......................................................................................................... :o :o .......................................................................................................... :sick: ................................................................................................................ :sick: .............................................................................................................. :ph34r: .............................................................................................................. :unsure: ..................................................................................................... :hehe: ................................................................................................................ :blink: ........................................................................................

£5900

But I've got---------

T28 BB turbo

full custom intercooler hard piping

full custom stainless exhaust (with kazama)

custom stainless braided oil lines

custom stainless braided fuel line upgrade

custom anodised fittings all round

huge intercooler

Blitz SBC-II boost controller with over boost function

Autronic SM4 fully programmable stand alone ECU, including:-

Anti-lag

Traction control

Lanch control

NOS control (but nos is gone so not needed)

and many other minor functions!!!!(that I can't remember! :yawn:)

I CAN'T FLOOKING WAIT TO GET IT ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Was Daza not running .6 bar and getting 280bhp???

All will become clear when the dyno is sorted anyway.

There's a theoretical maximum, practically it's even lower. The IS has 153 bhp n/a, which is using the air volume corresponding with 1 bar of the earth's atmosphere. Adding your 0,6 bar to it, will give you no more than (1 + 0,6)*153 = 245 bhp at 100% turbo efficiency. But expect the turbo efficiency to be below 90% giving you no more than 220 bhp.

If you want 280bhp, expect to require at least 1 bar or more of added boost.

Cheers,

RX-men-8

100% is only reliable when the whole setup is perfect.

Otherwise you would loose some power.

DAZ's car setup is perfect and mine is close to his as we noticed at JAE when we both did a test drive in each car. ;)

Don't know about the other Turbos, haven't done a ride in them.

I heard about that way of estimating power levels.

It never really gives an accurate figure though or anywhere near it.

We already know that you can get 250bhp from .5 bar and 240bhp from .4 bar.

There is very little restriction in my setup because of the angle of the turbo and intercooler and also some mods to the manifold and intercooler pipes to help improve the flow!!

I will have to wait and see what happens when the dyno run gets done. :blush:

I heard about that way of estimating power levels.

It never really gives an accurate figure though or anywhere near it.

We already know that you can get 250bhp from .5 bar and 240bhp from .4 bar.

There is very little restriction in my setup because of the angle of the turbo and intercooler and also some mods to the manifold and intercooler pipes to help improve the flow!!

I will have to wait and see what happens when the dyno run gets done. :blush:

Might have my dyno figures later running at around .6 bar. So you should be able to get an idea for yours from mine :D

Yeah but remember these are custom Am so all the R&D was done at this stage, I reckon the initial Jap gear would have cost that much when they were initially done, once the thing is sorted and everything can be mass made easily the prices will probably be a bit cheaper in a years time :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links