Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Needed

I'm thinking of chopping in my IS200 Sport for an IS300 SX. I have found one at a dealer and have thrashed out a deal. They will service the car ( 40k ), and I have asked for 2 years warrenty not 1. For the warrenty they want me to pay half of the cost, they cover the other half.

I'm planning on keeping the car for 2 years max, and the reason for the change is that we have a second baby due in 6 weeks . :crying:

So, if I do this move, what is the PX likely to be in 2 years. I only cover 4k a year, and the car has done 36k ? :P

Or, should I wait 6 months and see what happens to the prices of IS300's as I'm sure the new model will hit the prices of the old. :huh:

That's true, but also my IS200 will drop.

Ahhh so confusing....  :blink:

I have just bought an IS 300 SX which you can see in this thread.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25650

Buying from a dealer and then trading in the same car 2 years later is the real financial worry, not how the new IS is going to affect the value of SX's. I should imagine that the dealer has at least a 3 grand margin on the one he is selling you and after two years he will offer you trade book . An example. Lets say you pay £18K now which is book (£15K) plus margin (£3K). In two years the dealer will allow you book which will be 15K less two years depreciation, say another £3/4K which could mean a trade in offer in two years of as little as £11K. I am hughly impressed with my SX so far and if you do a dealer search or an Autotrader search you will see that they are a pretty rare car, especially the Navigator model. I can't see the new model having much effect short term on the value of the old one. After all it will be 2009 before the first three year old examples hit the second hand market.

Good luck whatever you decide,

Kent.

Or another option would be to buy my IS sportcross off me... :)

But to be precise, it's a JDM Altezza Gita, as I used to live in Tokyo where I owned it before moving back home with it.

But what you get is:

IS300 Sportcross (Altezza Gita) September '02

17,000 miles (I work from home, so it's hardly broken in :D ).

Altezza grill

In-dash 6CD + MD player

optional silver gearbox cover

JDM Standard Rear Tint

Eibach Swaybars (Front and Rear) - only mod.

1 loving owner

Pics are under my profile:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cmd=si&img=2120

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...cmd=si&img=2121

Reason for sale: need to free up some cashflow for my business.

If interested PM me.

Cheers,

David

Edited by ScarFace

Yup,

That thar pic above is the one. The other one in my profile shows the gearbox cover option and the MD/CD combo.

Raz, I live in N. Ireland, so wouldn't be passing through Oxfordshire this week... :winky:

First 2 services were in the Toyota dealership I bought it in Yokohama, and 3rd service (@ 10K) done at Lexus Belfast. No kids/dogs/smokers, so car is in great nick. Only visible wear and tear is a couple of tiny dings (stone chip probably) on rear bumper.

With the age and the low mileage, coupled with the reduction in price because it's an import, it'll be a bargain.

Thanks guys for your opinions. I may just bite the bullet and go for it today. However, I might try and get the dealer to drop some more off the purchase price and get some road tax out of him. Getting a second year warrenty and a 40k service already, so I am kind of cutting into the 3K profit already. :excl:

I intend keeping it for 2 years max, then I'll see what the new IS has to offer. :driving:

I'm thinking of chopping in my IS200 Sport for an IS300 SX. I have found one at a dealer and have thrashed out a deal. They will service the car ( 40k ), and I have asked for 2 years warrenty not 1. For the warrenty they want me to pay half of the cost, they cover the other half.

I'm planning on keeping the car for 2 years max, and the reason for the change is that we have a second baby due in 6 weeks .  :crying:

So, if I do this move, what is the PX likely to be in 2 years. I only cover 4k a year, and the car has done 36k ? :P

Or, should I wait 6 months and see what happens to the prices of IS300's as I'm sure the new model will hit the prices of the old. :huh:

No it won't - The 300 Sportcross is a stand alone vehicle - theres nothing else to compare it to - its like saying a the new BMW Tourer will affect the SportX prices - no it wont. The only saving you will make will be the natural depreciation month on month, which is about £125/month.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links