Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry Loc I Need Your Help...

Tony-Bones

'UPDATE'!

Since most of you that have met me know i work fo STS :duh: and i am not happy with this steering wheel topic. I have only been given a few reports regarding problem that i have, and another five from other companys that pm'd me, this is not enough to map a common reason.

Now i have to assume the problem this equipment i emailed STS and said 'unless this is sorted' i will 'NOT' support the Lexus geometry day! knowing this so far has cost them thousends..

Today:

The Calibration on the geometry machine was re-tested: passed

The Calibration program was re-tested : passed

The ramp was tested for level : passed

The Alloy hangers for the cameras were tested they : passed

The 'data' rod that measures the track was tested it :passed

The Radius plates ( car on bearings ) did show some concern, these are ment to be maintainence free...... so i wonder!!!!!!! they.......? :passed

WELL there is no more to test, of the 5% who have had the steering wheel off-line after the goemetry i have 'at this time' no answer why. good, bad, sad i dont know!

In veiw of todays efforts i will support the PR day since all measurments will be actual and a matter of 'fact'. WIM is back if needed :D 'STS' passed :D

Mine is also to the right. Or left? Dunno yet. But you know. What about this?

SteeringWheelOffCenterAdjustment: LINK

Thanks for that link, i will get to the bottom of this but at the moment i dont have enougth examples top map.

The only common area is movement of the castor position toward positive and then the toe recovery after, it would seem that even though the car is on radius plates this does not allow the upper parallelogram to move diagonally and to be fair why should it, this i can now understand or a least image but? why is the steering wheel always to the right? that i dont understand ( yet )

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tony,

just wondering if you wanted me to send my results over?  If it'll be of any help but I had my geom done on the 5th sept, the same day the ramps were tested.

Lee.

Yes!.. the reason for this post is evident, of the 100's of Lexus's set 'why' has there been this SW off line RHD issue, As you know i have had every eliment tested and passed, from this thread other companies also have said they have the same problem. Supertracker explain my concerns have become more visible by the volume of Lexus's measured. But the initial issue still exists 'WHY'.... To be continued...

• 6 years later...