Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc Help Please

5 minutes before getting to work this morning had a big drop in power - basically supercharger not boosting any more. Took a look under the bonnet and the damper on front of the pulley has no screws in it anymore - and it seems that when the pulley turns the SC is not spinning internally. To fix this is it a simple matter of screwing the damper back on? And if I leave it as is for the drive home (5 miles) will it do any damage?

damn, anything bad happen b4 that?

from what i understand that damper also acts as a break point shoud there be a problem.

it shears internaly at a pre set load of resistance to stop any damage to the engine mounted pully etc i think.

so as to isolate it to prevent any further damage.

might be your first point of call

nope, was driving normally on approach to traffic lights, then on pull away from lights it was gone. there are 3 screws on the front plate, 2 were missing and the 3rd was hanging out, so hopefully just the screws worked loose over time and last one went at the traffic lights. i guess its fine to drive home tonight then since its not going to be doing any damage.

damn, anything bad happen b4 that?

from what i understand that damper also acts as a break point shoud there be a problem.

it shears internaly at a pre set load of resistance to stop any damage to the engine mounted pully etc i think.

so as to isolate it to prevent any further damage.

might be your first point of call

hopefully it is just the screws, what about dropping TTE an email?

how long are the screws??? perhaps it is these that shear off in the event of a lock up?

havent taken the end off my charger yet so cant confirm, although pete jenkins did

if ur talking about the 3 little screws that hold the black plastic cover on then these are not the drive connection for the SC, they just hold the cover on and would not support more load than a rubber band.

are u 100% that the sc is not turning?? if u move the bypass valve with the engine running u should get a drastic change is sound out of the SC, if u do it is turning. It may be that one of the hoses has come loose - sometimes easy to see sometimes not, or the belt tensioner has come loose, if they are all tight then it looks like it is something a bit more serious.

ps also check that the bolts holding the drive pulley on the waterpump are still there!

triple checked, s/c is not turning, pulley on the front is but the internals are not. it seems that the cover does more though, the main pulley turns and there is the cover on the front (not turning), between the two is another metal area which also does not turn - the main bolt in the front also does not turn. It seems from looking that the three screws on the front don't hold on the plastic cover at all (the central bolt does this) - it seems that the three screws are what connects the pulley to the shaft for drive - any comments on this?

if ur talking about the 3 little screws that hold the black plastic cover on  then these are not the drive connection for the SC,  they just hold the cover on and would  not support more load than a rubber band.

are u 100% that the sc is not turning??  if u move the bypass valve with the engine running u should get a drastic change is sound out of the SC, if u do it is turning.  It may be that one of the hoses has come loose - sometimes easy to see sometimes not, or the  belt tensioner has come loose,  if they are all tight then it looks like it is something a bit more serious.

ps also check that the bolts holding the drive pulley on the waterpump are still there!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links