Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pedal Clicking

masharp

Does anyone know what could be causing a clicking/popping noise from under the bonnet which is felt through the brake pedal.

This only appears to happen first thing in the morning or after the car has been sitting for some time. After it does this once it doesn't do it again.

Any ideas?

Assuming (cos you didn't say otherwise ;) ) that the brakes don't "feel bad" when this happens, I'd guess that it's not a problem internal to the brakes such as the pump.

Does the noise definitely come from under the bonnet or could it be something on the bulkhead/pedal-box.

The only thing I've had similar to this was the clutch pedal catching on the bulkhead carpet - can't suggest why it would only happen from cold though :unsure:

If it is under the bonnet, it could be something in the servo perhaps.

once your car has been sitting still for a while, you may experience a clunk from the rear of the car, which can be felt through the pedals.

this is the drum in disk brakes on the rear resetting themselves, and all IS's do it (all the ones I have driven anyway).

could this be it?

it is nothing to worry about it, if this is the case.

now i pondered this one for a while......then DR MAT head popped on...........it maywell be your pedal bush,that is worn or has become loose,if i remember there was a tech bullitin for this a couple of years ago.............

if all else fails ..............call DR MAT :duh:

• 2 weeks later...