Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Various 2006 Lexus Is220d & Is250 Pics

Funny.................... im liking it less and less (i think it looks a little better in silver, dark blue, granite or black).....................

mebe it will grow on me in the flesh (so to speak) but not giving me the same feeling when i saw the curent IS.

so far it would be a 2nd hand New shape GS over the IS.

• 2 weeks later...

The label that says "ALL AUTO" below the electric window switches cracks me up. My Vauxhall Carlton had four "automatic" electric windows way back in 1988. Lexus really shouldn't be boasting about having it now.

That aside though, I think it'll be great. Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

It's probably like that for the American market and their litigation culture so they know that pushing the button once will bring it all the way up.

It's making it's way here now, I'll never forget the story of the hoover manufacturers having to write into the manuals not to stick appendages into the hoover - they did get successfully sued by someone :o

Another probably inane question, but why does the manual have a handbrake, and the auto have a foot operated parking brake?  :blink:

Good point, well presented ......... I think the handbrake looks ugly anyhow ......... and would look worse, if the auto did have one ... what with all that wooden trim ........

because you only have two feet

think about it  :whistling:

Ok, I see your point, although Merc manuals still have a foot brake ;)

And when I used to drive a manual, I would only use the handbrake when parking, never when driving, its all about clutch control :P

I see no one has mentioned that ghastly AM/FM radio.....Hello Japan, world leaders in the latest technology, D.A.B. stands for Digital Audio Broadcasting and not "DONT ADD for BRITAIN" Otherwise a nice car, has anyone put there £250 deposit down on something they hav'nt sat in or even driven, for me, no not yet although the appeal of been able to plug my Archos AV4100 in to the Aux socket is a nice touch and not before time, lets also hope there's a decent light in the boot this time instead of the IS200 candle and a power point or maybe even 2.

G7UHF AKA, Intrakota (if you know where to find me)

As far as I can tell we will still only have a choice between displaying mileage or trip mileage, both would have been useful.

A radio controlled clock would be useful alongside TrafficMaster Oracle (as per Citroen, Vauxhall, BMW) for those who don't need full SatNav.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi :)

I have ordered a base IS250 (called "Prestige" by Lexus in Australia) in gold. The colour is referred to as Sandstone Mico is Oz, Mystic Gold in US and Amberley Gold in UK. Interestingly, the interior colours also have different names in different countries, Bisque in Oz and Cashmere in the US.

Although not all exterior colours are available in Australia (red and green not available) the dealer did say I could order any IS250 colour but they would require a substantial deposit.

I have looked everywhere on the web and haven't seen one picture that shows the IS250 in Gold. The colours on the Lexus web sites are not very good representations. The Lexus dealer advised the IS250 gold was the same as a gold GS300 they had on the floor when I ordered the car.

Has anyone seen any pictures of the IS250 in gold?

Thanks

Interior is lush, but im stil a bigger fan of the previous IS exterior. Trouble is with all cars coming out today is the wind tunnel! There all starting to look like the same blob of metal!

Whilst the new IS has grown on me, its just not different.

But that black looks ohhhhhh so good!! :D

I see no one has mentioned that ghastly AM/FM radio.....Hello Japan, world leaders in the latest technology, D.A.B. stands for Digital Audio Broadcasting and not "DONT ADD for BRITAIN"  Otherwise a nice car, has anyone put there £250 deposit down on something they hav'nt sat in or even driven, for me, no not yet although the appeal of been able to plug my Archos AV4100 in to the Aux socket is a nice touch and not before time, lets also hope there's a decent light in the boot this time instead of the IS200 candle and a power point or maybe even 2.

G7UHF    AKA, Intrakota (if you know where to find me)

Maybe because everyone in the UK can get FM radio while DAB is not available everywhere.

Oldun :duh:

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links