Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Various 2006 Lexus Is220d & Is250 Pics

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I would only use the handbrake when parking, never when driving, its all about clutch control :P

Just been reading this old thread....

I thought you would only use the handbrake/footbrake when parked up and if at the traffic lights or stopped in traffic just put it in "PARK".

Apparently not according to a Police driver I know. In an auto you should always put in "NEUTRAL" and use the footbrake/handbrake.

What a load of rubbish that is. He did say that if someone smacked into you whilst you were in PARK it would knacker the gearbox but not if it was in neutral with the handbrake on. Well tough titties I say - it'd be covered by insurance.

What a load of rubbish that is. He did say that if someone smacked into you whilst you were in PARK it would knacker the gearbox but not if it was in neutral with the handbrake on. Well tough titties I say - it'd be covered by insurance.

For the police, if they got rammed and the gearbox gets knackered the chase is over, so it makes sense to protect it I would've thought. Just cos they got hit, doesn't mean they are written off and cannot continue the pursuit. They aren't going to wait a few weeks to get the car sorted on insurance and then get after the crims ;)

For the police, if they got rammed and the gearbox gets knackered the chase is over, so it makes sense to protect it I would've thought. Just cos they got hit, doesn't mean they are written off and cannot continue the pursuit. They aren't going to wait a few weeks to get the car sorted on insurance and then get after the crims ;)

But if I'm at lights or a junction for quite a while I always put the foot brake on and stick it in neutral....what's the problem? Rather than ride the brakes I usually stick the footbrake on, then depress it again and hold it on the footbrake rather than dazzle the driver behind :unsure: . If it's level I also occassionally slip it in neutral as Long as it's not going to roll at all...but suppose that's theoretically risky?? :whistling:

But if I'm at lights or a junction for quite a while I always put the foot brake on and stick it in neutral....what's the problem? Rather than ride the brakes I usually stick the footbrake on, then depress it again and hold it on the footbrake rather than dazzle the driver behind :unsure: . If it's level I also occassionally slip it in neutral as Long as it's not going to roll at all...but suppose that's theoretically risky?? :whistling:

Why not just stick it in PARK and leave the footbrake alone ? You don't need to ride the brakes at all ????

I only ever use the footbrake when parked up and leaving the vehicle.

Why not just stick it in PARK and leave the footbrake alone ? You don't need to ride the brakes at all ????

I only ever use the footbrake when parked up and leaving the vehicle.

Comes down to personal preference I guess...I know I'll not use the park position at junctions, traffic lights or waiting in traffic....with the possible exception of extended stays on the M25 car park :whistling:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I recently took delivery of my 2010 Argento Ice IS220d F-Sport and have uploaded some pics at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/progressionuk/sets/72157625146987227/with/5127802609/

The colour wasn't my first choice (Cadoxton Slate) or even second (Artic Pearl) but I got this from stock rather than waiting for a factory order and I'm quite liking the colour now.

• 11 months later...

I see no one has mentioned that grisly AM/FM radio.....Howdy Nippon, humankind leaders in the fashionable subject, D.A.B. stands for Digital Oftenness Medium and not "DONT ADD for BRITAIN" Otherwise a nice car, has anyone put there £250 sedimentation felled on something they hav'nt sat in or level motivated, for me, no not yet tho' the quest of been able to plug my Archos AV4100 in to the Aux socket is a pleasant compete and not before time, lets also prospect there's a unobjectionable shallow in the boot this case instead of the IS200 taper and a power tangency

Rolls Royce Power Steering Gear Box

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links