Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detatchable Towbar For Rx400

Sure I read that "JohnRX400h" had a tow bar fitted...drop him a PM and he'll probably be able to give you more details.

Also someone mentioned trouble getting the electics to work with non-Lexus parts. Again vaguely recall the price for a towbar being ~£800 from Lexus.

anyone had one of these fitted? If so any info on where & price most welcome. Is it visible with the ball detached? I'm only planning on towing a small trailer and using a tow bar fitted bike rack.

You rang?

Yup - I have the Lexus tow bar fitted. Lexus do not have a detachable one available for the RX400h. IIRC I was told that there was not enough room with the electric motor and all that for one. I also understand that the RX electrics can be difficult to fit a non standard one as some sections of wireing do many jobs and it is not just as simple as splicing into them to get indicator/electric etc feeds.

I went the OEM way and got the dealer to fit. C £750 but I felt worth it as it is fully covered under warrantee and my Caravan is 1500 kg and cost £20K so did not want to risk trashing that for the sake of and extra £300.

Enjoy!