Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Are ****

projone7443

brake discs warping and sick of replacing them

I have had this problem now for over a year and sick of spending cash on new discs for my Lexus IS 300.

I have just replaced front discs and also new calipers as both were not working correctly but I still have wheel judder when braking.

I have also noticed that it seems to judder at speeds between 60 to 80 and get a feeling it s now constant but I can only feel at at certain speeds..

Im taking it to Lexus tomorrow but I get the feeling they will say its cheap discs and that they want put theres on at a cost of nearly £500 including pads but the discs i have been putting on are good quality and not cheap crap.

Does anyone have any ideas as its annoying the **** out of me and I just want to get back to enjoying driving my Lexus

Thanks

TODAYS NEWS

Still trying to cure the fault on my Lexus IS 300 and we are no closer to rectifying what the problem is.

Lexus Bradford seem to think its the wheel bearing but they wont guarattee it and expect me to spend £500 on replacing them. They have also said i should replace the discs with lexus ones and pads costing another £556.

This could go on for ages and the costs are spiraling out of my pocket.

Sureley if you take your car to a garage then they should be able to tell you whats causing the problem and not a guesstimate.

Don't know of this as a problem on the IS's but the discs do need to be beded in gently for a bout 2-3K miles. As an alternative however, a friend of mine has an Ibiza Cupra with brembo discs and pads and they warped after he didn't bed them in properly. He did give them a light skim afterwards and they never warped after that point as the heat had toughened them up.

Don't know of this as a problem on the IS's but the discs do need to be beded in gently for a bout 2-3K miles. 

:o

Crap, I've started getting harder on mine after 300 miles - no emergency stops yet but a couple from 130-0 - did start braking about a mile before the junction though so it was very gradual!

You can still smell the brakes and new clutch everytime I go anywhere, I must drive harder than I thought :lol:

hope you get it sorted - i don't like to see any probs on a Lex, specially the same as mine! :o

in the meantime, get yourself some wedge heels - open the door & stick your foot out! - it'll take you back to being a kid... (well, i know i always used to get yelled at for using my feet/shoes as brakes?!)

I was going to put a deposit down on a new is250 but somhow I dont think I will bother.

I called Lexus head office earlier and spoke to there head of customer services - Emma Thompson and she informed me its out of warranty and your more than welcome to throw money down the drain as we can not help you with you wobbly car.

What would have been nice was if they could have come up with a answer as to whats causing the problem.

The IS Range have had a couple of problems such as brake pads rattling around and also ripping the **** out of tyres due to bad camber.

My lexus garage even told me its a common fault but hey ***** we dont want to know.

I have been looking at a brand new volvo s40 t5 and i think i will go and spend £25,000 with them instead.

Im one very unhappy customer and Volvo here I come.

Ask the people who fitted the last lot what 'the run out ' is using a dial gauge against the disc.

Compare this with the allowed limit.

Was the hub cleaned before fitting? The disc must run true when fitted and neither caliper should be siezed or partly seized.

Any play in the front bearings?

I was going to put a deposit down on a new is250 but somhow I dont think I will bother.

I called Lexus head office earlier and spoke to there head of customer services - Emma Thompson and she informed me its out of warranty and your more than welcome to throw money down the drain as we can not help you with you wobbly car.

What would have been nice was if they could have come up with a answer as to whats causing the problem.

The IS Range have had a couple of problems such as brake pads rattling around and also ripping the **** out of tyres due to bad camber.

My lexus garage even told me its a common fault but hey ***** we dont want to know.

I have been looking at a brand new volvo s40 t5 and i think i will go and spend £25,000 with them instead.

Im one very unhappy customer and Volvo here I come.

Sorry to hear about your problem mate my discs warped once, they were replaced and have been fine ever since.

I hope you get it fixed if not good luck with your volvo my dad had a v70 t5 bloody amazing car had it 6 years not a fault and would pee over all lexus. he he he.

Good luck.

The sad thing is mate I dont want to buy any other car apart from a lexus but im getting know joy from them or head office and I really cant afford to replace any more parts on it.

I feel that if I do get a volvo then I will have to find a nice pipe and slippers to fit in with it.

Not trying you how to suck eggs fella, but remember that the IS300 will be much harder on the brakes, especially during the "bed-in" period, as a result of the auto tranny. Are you in the habit of using the Park or Neutral position when stopped at lights?

I do sit at lights with brakes on but surley it would not warp them 4 times. I dont really drive the car hard and really do feel as if i have bedded discs in.

I cant help braking as its all part of driving and i think i would have morre to worry baout if i didnt use them

I've seen lots of posts recently about warped discs causing juddering. For me it seemed like muck between the disk and hub or something was the cause. I dunno what exactly but I poked around for a bit and things have improved. Perhaps the brakes were binding a bit from a stuck piston then freed when I cleared the brake dust and exercised it a bit with pipe grips. Really dunno but anyway.... Fixed Juddering Thread