(15%)87

(20%)82

SON-DASPOL-KIT Sonus DAS Polishing Kit

(MSRP)108

(10%)98

(15%)92

(20%)87

Thank you Jiberjaber :D

They're not available in the UK mate, Chris (The Don) once mentioned you can get similar things from bodyshop suppliers but not from Porter Cable....

Chris may be able to comment, but to be honest I just bought one as I could see it was well tried and tested across the internet so I knew I would be able to find a lot of advice for particular scenarios etc...

You have to cut the plug off it when it comes and rewire it into the 110V plug but I managed it and believe me that is saying something :lol:

You can buy the additional bits n pieces thru Screwfix:

Part No Description Qty Price GBP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

73851 750VA Portable Power Tool Transform 1 34.99

16691 110V 14 Metre Lead 16 A 1 9.95

19947 110V Accessories Plug 1 1.20

To use the PC 7424 in the UK you will need the following.

A] 110 volt transformer

B] 110 volt extension lead - the length will depend on the distance you need to cover. 14 metres is standard but longer leads are available or you can use two 14 metre cables

C] A 110 volt accessories plug

You can order these times from www.screwfix.com and they will cost you about £65 in total. Alternatively you can pop along to your local builder's merchant and get the same items for a similar amount. Just tell the guy you're running a 110 volt power tool and he'll know the rest. I don't know if Jewson or Travis Perkins are in your neck of the woods but they will stock them.

Typical ...

i wait n wait fo a GB, then i ordered (and received) mine just the other week.

DOH!

I would be interested in the sander head and discs if they can get hold of them?

I am very excited to anounce a group buy for the PC 7424 with pad kits availible for 10, 15 or 20 members who agree to order.

The discount will be

Part Number Description SRP 10% OFF - 10 buyers 15% OFF - 15 buyers 20% OFF - 20 buyers

PC-7424 6"

Variable-Speed Random-Orbit Polisher (MSRP)149.95 (10%)134.955 (15%)127.4575 (20%)119.96

SON-SFXPOL-KIT

Sonus SFX Polishing Kit (MSRP)189.95 (10%)170.955 (15%)161.4575 (20%)151.96

SON-DASPOL-KIT Sonus DAS Polishing Kit    (MSRP)199.95 (10%)179.955 (15%)169.9575 (20%)159.96

To take advantage of this offer you MUST reply to this post.

Do NOT order it your self.

Once we get the  most members who will commit to this offer I will have the post closed. So hurry up and agree to get in on this great offer!

Jon

autopia_1859_3979623.gif

Have you got these kits and prices the right way round BTW.......

You can put me down for a SON-DASPOL-KIT too!

I've been looking but I'm yet to take the plunge.

The main reason for it being a 110V kit is probably because it's industrial and running tools off of 110V is deemed safer. Also it means you can run it on Ex rated sockets etc. Handy for an industrail environment.

Here are a few pictures showing what the proper tools and products can achieve.

The Porter Cable 7424 SFX and DAS pads.

All three Sonus SFX polishes.

This Black Durango was scratched on purpose to see how the SFX polishes work.(Yes its my Wifes Black Dodge Durango and NO she doesn't know I scratched it with a plastic pool brush she would KILL me :D )

I used the SFX Yellow pad with the SFX-1 Restore polish, the Green DAS pad with SFX-2 Enhance Polish and the Blue DAS pad with the SFX-3 final finish polish.

Enjoy!

2001_0223_025505AA.jpg

2001_0223_025607AA.jpg

2001_0223_032050AA.jpg

These two pictures are from her Black Grand Prix she owned before the Black Durango...She Loves black vehicels.

Swirls.jpg

Finished416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
What is the difference between the two kits? :question:  :blush:

The differance is the pads.

The DAS pad kit is a great " starter" kit.The pads are soft and flexable. They are really useful on cars with cuirves.

The SFX kit pads are a bit more firm.

I see most people are going for the DAS Kit which you can get 10% off but jon has PM'd saying you can get 20% off the SFX Kit!!!!!!

Which would anybody advise would be the better to go with, the starter and softer DAS Kit or save a bit extra and opt for the SFX Kit????

Webby

The SFX pads are designed for use with the restorative SFX products, i.e. for restoring badly faded or oxidised paintwork.

For polishing paintwork that is already in reasonable condition the DAS pads are the better option and easier to use due to their flexability.

The SFX pads are designed for use with the restorative SFX products, i.e. for restoring badly faded or oxidised paintwork.

For polishing paintwork that is already in reasonable condition the DAS pads are the better option and easier to use due to their flexability.

I changed my mind and took the extra discount changing to the SFX kit. Jon advised that the difference in the pads was not too great so I thought "why not". You can of course buy the DAS pads or kit seperately and Autopia have a franchise in the UK where you can also buy the Porter machine complete with transformer etc. Here is the link:

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/foryourcar.html

I changed my mind and took the extra discount changing to the SFX kit. Jon advised that the difference in the pads was not too great so I thought "why not". You can of course buy the DAS pads or kit seperately and Autopia have a franchise in the UK where you can also buy the Porter machine complete with transformer etc. Here is the link:

That company sure is dear compared to ordering it in yourself.

Got mine delivered within 6 days that includes a weekend.

Very pleased with the quick delivery will be using them again in the future.

Sonus SFX Polisher Kit SON-SFXPOL-KIT 1 199.95

Subtotal 199.95

Coupon discount (sfx) -39.99

Subtotal 159.96

Shipping 47.00

Tax 0.00

Total $206.96

Subtotal 199.95

Subtotal 159.96

Shipping 47.00

Tax 0.00

Total $206.96

Wow thats how fast I get to the east coast in the states!!

Did it come from San Diego CA or the polish company in the UK?

Subtotal 199.95

Subtotal 159.96

Shipping 47.00

Tax 0.00

Total $206.96

Yes they are much more expensive on a lot of the stuff but if you only need one or two items then it can be just as cheap because of the minimum carriage charge from the USA. There is only a big difference of course if we are not charged any duty or VAT which is not guaranteed. The Polishing company always has to. I too got my kit in six days including a weekend and I will use Autopia in the future for all largeish orders.