Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Is Beeping

Niraj

Just noticed the other day, when i disconnected the negative Battery terminal from the Battery, there was a beeping from the boot / rear end of the car.

I'm not sure where it came from because it would only beep for a few seconds then turn off. I was wondering if anyone knew what it was?

It happens every time i disconnect the Battery.

I haven't bothered investigating it properly, thought i'd ask you guys first.

Cheers.

:)

Mine doesnt beep when I disconnect the battery, so either they're talking prokies, or your alarm battery back up is indeed on the way out...

I favour the later.

As I said, power warning on the security system. Should have been clearer I suppose...

Having said that, removal of power from ECU B2 will give a similar warning depending on revision of alarm system. How many beeps?

Best to get it checked anyway Niraj, because if it isn't the power lost warning, then it's going to be the backup Battery. I only found out about the different revisions in security when my ECU went pop.

I'm not sure sure how you would stand insurance wise if something happened invloving theft if they disconnected the Battery. I think they class it as you having a responsibility keep it maintained.

Thanks Geoff :)

Do you or anyone happen to know where this backup Battery is?

I know i've got an unreliable main Battery which i've been meaning to get changed... instead i keep modding my car with other stuff, instead of making sure the car is stable first...

i just get over enthusiastic sometimes :blush:

Thanks Geoff :)

Do you or anyone happen to know where this backup battery is?

I know i've got an unreliable main battery which i've been meaning to get changed... instead i keep modding my car with other stuff, instead of making sure the car is stable first...

i just get over enthusiastic sometimes  :blush:

Try the Exide 005TE, comes with a 4 yr warranty.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links