Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI all! First time on here . Ive had a mk1 gs300 for 2 years now and its time for some more power, ive managed to find a turbo kit for the gs in america for around $4000 at www.turbo-kits.com that will take the bhp upto 340, has anyone ever come across this kit ? Also what power can the stock engine and gear box take and does anyone know what the 0-60 time is on the mk1 aristo tt. THanks :)

HI all! First time on here . Ive had a mk1 gs300 for 2 years now and its time for some more power, ive managed to find a turbo kit for the gs in america for around $4000  at www.turbo-kits.com that will take the bhp upto 340,  has anyone ever come across this kit ? Also what power can the stock engine and gear box take and does anyone know what the 0-60 time is on the mk1 aristo tt. THanks :)

for the sake of the hassle you may as well sell your GS and buy a aristo TT as to put any serious boost through the engine you will have to uprate internals and it won't be cost effective, but then if its a labour of love crack on :D

Is the engine a 2JZ-GE engine? If it is the turbo kit will effectively be a modified version of the supra N/A-T kit that has been available stateside for a long time. The 2JZ-GE engine can cope very easily with 350 ish BHP its all but the same engine as the 2JZ-GTE TT donk thats in the aristo and the supra. Theres some differences like compression (thicker gasket sorts this out) and a few oilways that are different but its basically the same engine. I would tend to agree that changing your car for an aristo would be the easier option but theres always more to the descision than that.

Nice one guys. I have been thinking about an aristo tt, could import a nice mk1 in for about £4000 from www.japaneseauctions.co.uk quite a few on there to choose from but seems alot of hassle to get the car over here, do you think the performance will be around the same as the japanese spec supra tt with having the same power and similar weight ? Also what should i look out for on them engines when checking them? cheers! :D

Also what power can the stock engine and gear box take and does anyone know what the 0-60 time is on the mk1 aristo tt. THanks :)

Im told the auto box can take 600 pounds of torque and ive read the standard Aristo is 0 to 60 mph in 5.7secs.

Like the others have said you will be better off buying a Aristo,there was a few for sale the other week in Autotrader.

Cheers chips.

Theres some in the southern autotrader this week. Someone on here is selling one which I would have bought if I hadn't had the fortune to come across a manual car (converted). In the northwest Jurgen is the man to speak to if you want a particular car importing (he found me the manual car) PM me I'll sort you his details out if you want. Be prepared to travel is all I will say if you want an already imported car. Don't forget that an aristo will be a bit slower than a supra with a full load as you can get 5 people in an aristo in comfort which is something you can't say about the supra.

There are Aristos forsale for around £3500+ already in the Country,have a look at the Autotraders website,on your search choose National on there website you will have to search for the GS model as they dont cover the Aristo and if theres any one there they will say if its a import with turbos.

There you go.....

http://www.yokohama-racing.co.uk/stock.htm

Should get it for 3k or less its the insurance and Fuel costs that makes them slow sellers so haggle ;)

Heres another....on Autotrader.

LEXUS GS 300 TWIN/TURBO SPORT,

Emerald Green, full leather, electric everything, CD, air-con, PAS, alarmed, new tyres, new cambelt, awesome performance with luxury, full MOT, taxed, credit cards,. £3,795.

CARWITHENTel: 07812 806688

Distance: 110 miles

Price: £3,795

There is a picture if you look at the Autotrader website.

cheers chips.

Cheers mate ,that silver one has been on eBay twice the first time it had no reserve and went for £2600, then it was on this week with a reserve for a few days before they with- drew it ,no one had bid for it at that point .It stated that the temp gauge works intermitantly, loose wire he put it down to easy fix , that made me wonder ? Might go and have a look if i get the chance this weekend it's only 15miles from me. How much insurance do you pay for your's ,at the moment i pay £405 tpft on a gs am 29 with 5 years no claims.

I quite like this one..

LEXUS GS 300 TWIN TURBO (ARISTO V300) , Automatic, 1992 , 64,000 miles, Metallic Silver. 18" alloys, Stainless Exhaust, ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Climate Control, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electrically adjustable seats, Limited slip differential, Power assisted steering, Tinted glass, Traction control, Automatic Headlights. TEIN Electronic control coilovers, 50 CD music system, Superb condition, Arrival date to follow. £6,495

post-1701-1127127073.jpg

post-1701-1127127093.jpg

Or if you don't mind the looks of the Mk2 :whistling:

1999 S Reg LEXUS ARISTO GS 300 VERTEX Twin Turbo

41,000 miles. Auto/Tiptronic, Vvti Twin Turbo, Rare Spec includes: SAT/NAV, Tan Suede lux interior, 18" alloys, in pearl Metallic White, smooth & powerful 300+Bhp luxury drive. For more Warranted Performance Imports. Visit Showroom in Folkestone or Click: www.futurautos.co.uk 07970 002205 £9,995.

Or for those who like to be different......

LEXUS GS V300 800BHP "TOP SPEED CAR" , Manual 6 speed, 1994 M Reg , 60,031 km, Pearl white over Champagne. 18" alloys, ABS, Air conditioning, Climate Control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Full service history, Tinted glass. ENGINE - fully built 2jz-gte motor, CARRILLO rods, forged pistons, HKS 264 cams, HKS 800cc injectors, GREDDY T88-33D single turbo running 2 bar , OS GIKEN triple plate basket clutch. TRANSMISSION.- Getrag six speed . HKS intercooler with hard pipework, MOTEK computer and boost control, Recaro seats with harnesses, DEFI gauges, Custom stainless exhaust, GREDDY billet pulleys, SARD fuel system, RAYS engineering alloys with new 245-40-18 on the front and 295-35-18 (still smokes them at a 100+) on the rear,This is an illegal Japanese street race car hence its stock appearance. This will without doubt be the fastest Lexus in the uk.She has run a tyre smoking 12.1 quarter, mid to low elevens easy. THIS CAR IS NOW FEATURE CAR IN JAPANESE PERFORMANCE MAGAZINE. £13,995

Or for those who like to be different......

LEXUS GS V300 800BHP "TOP SPEED CAR" , Manual 6 speed, 1994 M Reg , 60,031 km, Pearl white over Champagne. 18" Alloys, ABS, Air conditioning, Climate Control, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Full service history, Tinted glass. ENGINE - fully built 2jz-gte motor, CARRILLO rods, forged pistons, HKS 264 cams, HKS 800cc injectors, GREDDY T88-33D single turbo running 2 bar , OS GIKEN triple plate basket clutch. TRANSMISSION.- Getrag six speed . HKS intercooler with hard pipework, MOTEK computer and boost control, Recaro seats with harnesses, DEFI gauges, Custom stainless exhaust, GREDDY billet pulleys, SARD fuel system, RAYS engineering alloys with new 245-40-18 on the front and 295-35-18 (still smokes them at a 100+) on the rear,This is an illegal Japanese street race car hence its stock appearance. This will without doubt be the fastest Lexus in the uk.She has run a tyre smoking 12.1 quarter, mid to low elevens easy. THIS CAR IS NOW FEATURE CAR IN JAPANESE PERFORMANCE MAGAZINE. £13,995

read an article on this car and it has OEM suspension !!

engine parts are worth £10k on their own :whistling: