Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Put Numbers In Rx400 Phone Book Manually?

I’ve had my RX400 SEL for just three days and I absolutely love it.

I'll happily write a long review at some point, but meanwhile I wonder if anyone can help me with a stupid phone problem:-

My BlackBerry 7100 connects fine via Bluetooth but (as some of you may know) BlackBerries cannot send data via Bluetooth – only voice.

So I can’t download my address book direct to the RX400.

“Never mind”, I thought: “I’ll just manually enter names and numbers into the RX400 system’s phone book..”

But I can’t!!!!

I simply cannot find a way to enter a number, give it a name and store it in the phone book.

Surely it’s possible? It must just be me being stupid, right?

But I have spent about an hour on this so far, and have read the manual front to back.

Please don’t tell me this can only be done via Bluetooth from a cell phone…

Thanks for any help!

Martin

I’ve had my RX400 SEL for just three days and I absolutely love it.

I'll happily write a long review at some point, but meanwhile I wonder if anyone can help me with a stupid phone problem:-

My BlackBerry 7100 connects fine via Bluetooth but (as some of you may know) BlackBerries cannot send data via Bluetooth – only voice.

So I can’t download my address book direct to the RX400.

“Never mind”, I thought: “I’ll just manually enter names and numbers into the RX400 system’s phone book..”

But I can’t!!!!

I simply cannot find a way to enter a number, give it a name and store it in the phone book.

Surely it’s possible? It must just be me being stupid, right?

But I have spent about an hour on this so far, and have read the manual front to back.

Please don’t tell me this can only be done via Bluetooth from a cell phone…

Thanks for any help!

Martin

Martin,

It can only be done iva Bluetooth from a cell phone!!!

I would borrow a friend's Sony Ericsson and transfer the phone book. If that is not possible, buy a Sony Ericsson phone, transfer the phone book and then return the phone!

RX.300 you beat me to it!

I have been searching round the web and come to exactly that conclusion: my SIM into a mate's Sony Eriksson, job done. (Well, in theory, I haven't actually done it yet...)

Thank you.

But why, oh why isn't there a manual option? How hard would that have been to build into the system?

Martin