Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V300 Aristo Rear Ars Fix

d4v1d sm4rt

Hi All

can anyone share any knowledge on the way to stop the high speed wander and rear inner edge tyre wear on my car. I can see there is a replacement Toms bar and have heard talk of an electronic box that takes the rack out of service. Does anyone know exactly what happens to make this happen as it seems to be a common problem. The rack "seems" fine mechanically but how do you actually test it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David the glass doctor (1st post)

• 3 weeks later...

• 10 months later...
Does Aido have an Aristo? He does seem to show off his ARS a lot at LOC meetings!

:lol:

I've only just seen this mate, made me laugh :D

Whilst I'm here bouncing an old topic may as well ask a relevant question - was discussing the ARS in the pub with some lads up here who are from a car background and they reckon the ARS would only be for parking and is only active at low speeds, but from seeing one of the posts above it's more for higher speeds.

Is there a definitive desription of the ARS system anywhere that you guys know about, I'm struggling to really find much on Google apart from Gran Turismo car listings when I search for the V300!

Thanks in advance

IIRC The ARS only works at low speeds I think below 30mph. Anything over and it is deactivated. It's mostly for taking turns into roads/junctions at low speeds as far as I know. I'm sure someone will correct me though if I'm wrong.

LOL @ Gaz - I've actually had a lot of luck with ARS on roundabouts at high speeds, where you can feel the back end just "slide-in" nicely. Although it does tend to break and a replacement is VERY expensive, so it's best to disable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links