Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eng/man/light

Gord

Right the Engine/man/light is on :hehe: took it to lexus last week and changed coilpack number 3 :D light is back on again :duh: took back to lexus coilpack number 3 :duh: anyone had the same problem ? its going back on friday so they can look at it again to see if they can sort it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if this problem is similar but on the Vauxhall V6`s a faulty spark plug or lead would blow the coil pack. As the coil pack is on the lead (correct me if I am wrong) I should try some plugs. Just a thought.

I just give Aido my spare plugs :o thought i might try changing plug from number 3 to number 1 and see if problem is now on number 1 :D

I'll get some new one's ordered pal, back up at Steve's soon as need MOT :D

Its ok AIDO need to try for friday as car going back to lexus on friday, and it would be better to know whats wrong with the car B4 i take it back :D you know what some lexus mechanic's are like :ph34r:

warranty job Mr H ?

Its going to lexus stockport friday, for them to have look at it, but i now know its a valve :o but i think thay will not do it under warranty coz its had a supercharger on it, as lexus stockport mechanic says burnt valve, and engine runs hot with s/c on it. :duh: might end-up having to do it myself :o

**** not good news, hope LGB come back with a better answer mate, it's taking the ***** when the same car would be covered in Europe but not here, ironic that LGB commissioned the SC kit and then Europe pick it up and they don't !!

Good luck mate!

Just had call from Lexus GB telling me that coz i had the TTE supercharger fitted by none lexus garage, that warranty no good :o just had a look at the LAW and then rang lexus GB back and now its ok to have service/work done at independant garage using lexus/toyota parts :D so are they going to fix my car :question: i dont know yet :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Well just had a call from Lexus Stockport, Lexus GB will pay for the engine strip to find out whats is the matter :D if the problem, was anything to do with the supercharger i will have to pay for the part or parts, if supercharger had nothing to do with it, then Lexus pay in full :D how are thay going to tell ?

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I have no idea what I'm looking at here apart from it's engine bits, hope it goes well with the resolution pal, have your bit in the boot for tomorrow :)

To be honest I have no idea what I'm looking at here apart from it's engine bits, hope it goes well with the resolution pal, have your bit in the boot for tomorrow :)

Aido, the piston should not have all the black on it :o

The other long think (cylinder head) is whats in your boot :o

is that piston melted on the crown?  :unsure:

Top edge and side (rings) :o

:sick:

Just outta interest, do you run your car on super or normal unleaded?

Nick, when supercharger was fitted ran on super unleaded (shell/BP) had the right plugs in (ik22) so not sure of the cause of this, it might be something wrong with injector :question:

I see, it'll be intresting to find out the cause of this. I'd imagine there must have been a problem before the S/C was fitted and that accelerated the problem?

Either way, will be intresting to see the outcome.

Hope you get it all done FOC mate!