Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eng/man/light

Gord

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got call from lexus stockport, your car is ok come and get it :D

gave me the key off i go :D start the engine and f*****noise from the gearbox, turn engine off give key back and tell them to give me a call when it is sorted :angry: not happy at all :angry:

And looking at the car lexus stockport have taken the oil cooler off :duh: and put it in the boot :angry: not happy with this service at all :angry:

You'd have thought that they'd have test driven the car before you came to collect it!

Monkeys!  :o

When i went to get the car, he said it was running sweet, with not problems at all :ph34r:

Now he is starting to get to me, a little :angry: and he dont want to do that for long :ph34r: we will see whats next :o

hi Gord,

So back to the original question ... do they know why ur piston got fried? I mean... its seems to be some serious damage here (or at least alot of work involved), cos obviously, they had to take apart the engine to check/fix it.

I'd be seriously sweating .... cos my warrantee is way out already, and a job like this would probably cost an arm and a leg (maybe 2) ..?

Bernard

hi Gord,

So back to the original question ... do they know why ur piston got fried?  I mean... its seems to be some serious damage here (or at least alot of work involved), cos obviously, they had to take apart the engine to check/fix it.

I'd be seriously sweating .... cos my warrantee is way out already, and a job like this would probably cost an arm and a leg (maybe 2) ..?

Bernard

Well NO mate, nobody knows why it did it :duh: but you are right im sweating until may next year when warranty runs out, the work that lexus have done to my engine must have cost ££££££££££££s it 99% new engine at the end of the day, if it was to happen out of warranty then 2nd hand engine would have had to go in.

Lexus want to keep eye on my car :D just to make sure that everything is running as it should (not a bad thing) as thay to are not sure what the cause was. the car is done, but lexus are driving it, to make sure it ok B4 i pick it up :D

should be getting the car back later today :D

Well NO mate, nobody knows why it did it  :duh: but you are right im sweating until may next year when warranty runs out, the work that lexus have done to my engine must have cost ££££££££££££s it 99% new engine at the end of the day, if it was to happen out of warranty then 2nd hand engine would have had to go in.

Lexus want to keep eye on my car  :D just to make sure that everything is running as it should (not a bad thing) as thay to are not sure what the cause was. the car is done, but lexus are driving it, to make sure it ok B4 i pick it up  :D 

should be getting the car back later today  :D

Hope you get out of the car park this time! :ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 months later...
hi Gord,

So back to the original question ... do they know why ur piston got fried? I mean... its seems to be some serious damage here (or at least alot of work involved), cos obviously, they had to take apart the engine to check/fix it.

Bernard

Well Bernard, a up-date.

car been to lexus Manchester today, coz i did't think it was running right, Lexus stockport could not find anything wrong with it :duh:

Well, when it came back it dose have a fault with it :duh: and guess what :question: its on number 3 cylinder ( the one that it melted) lexus Manchester saying its the wiring or the ECU thats at fault :duh:

So the supercharger had nothing to do with it at all :D

So another Email to lexus GB will be sent to see whats going to happen now :question:

Well Bernard, a up-date.

car been to lexus Manchester today, coz i did't think it was running right, Lexus stockport could not find anything wrong with it :duh:

Well, when it came back it dose have a fault with it :duh: and guess what :question: its on number 3 cylinder ( the one that it melted) lexus Manchester saying its the wiring or the ECU thats at fault :duh:

So the supercharger had nothing to do with it at all :D

So another Email to lexus GB will be sent to see whats going to happen now :question:

Maybe they'll remember to refit your oil cooler this time!

• 2 weeks later...

Got phone call today from Lexus GB.

Going to take the car down to HQ for the boys to look at, to see if thay can find the problem :duh:

Car going on monday, and will be giving me RX to drive around in until mine is sorted :o i hope :o

was wanting new is250 to drive, but RX will have to do :D

• 2 months later...

Just another update, well have got the car back from lexus GB :D

But lexus GB find nothing wrong with the car :o (car was not running right)

SO took my car to charlesworth motors, who find

1. low compression in number 1 cylinder

2. NO compression at all in number 2 cylinder

3. Both lexus stockport and lexus GB say that new short engine was put in last time, but my engine block still has the same engine number from new, so no new short engine put in :angry:

4. Lexus GB had the car for over 1mth but could not find any of this.

5. So what did lexus do to the car in the 1st place ?

Took charlesworth motors 1 day to find this out.

Not happy with Lexus at all :angry::angry: I shall be ringing Lexus GB on Monday :angry: not the sort of service you would expected from lexus :angry:

Missed this thread......and its been going on since November :o , sorry to hear this and hope it gets sorted soon mate, so have you had a courtesy car all this time?? :blink:

Goodness knows what Gord's neighbours must have been thinking, with all the flash cars he's been given. I think he's had a very nice RX400h (twice) and some Merc kompressor and others?? :question: