Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For Those With Tdi Sc Pulley Upgrades..

aido

Ok, I'd like a bit more power in the car as I've got used to it now and it seems sluggish :lol:

So, I've been thinking maybe manifold as I'm still on the standard one with precats etc but thought about the TDI pulley upgrade for the supercharger kit..

How much extra power was gained via this mod, and what was everything required for the full upgrade?

Does the car run better afterwards, any change in the power curve or is that all the same? I'm assuming just a bigger pulley will be the same power curve as the standard one?

I guess that the bigger pulley just means the blower turns quicker and pushes more air thru causing more boost in the system? Any ideas on boost output after the upgrade? Would a SC running the same amount of boost as a turbo output the same BHP and torque figures?

Also, does it solve the stuttering problem between 2k and 3k revs if you floor it or is a full ECU and mapping required for that?

Just wondering as I know there were concerns about this upgrade in conjunction with standard internals but the guys with turbos are exceeding the power output the SC kit with pulley upgrades would put out and seem ok in the short term.....

Thanks in advance :)

Yeah Thom's car blew me away mate, the noise is great, he said yours is even better with the high flow cat..

Just wondering which would be a more beneficial mod initially as they both seem to come in at the same sort of cost...

To be honest I'm just waiting for official figures before making the plunge as money is still tight and will be until I'm back at work, so I won't be doing anything for quite a while, just want to get my plans in place :D

Wasn't there someone came on from abroad with it done?

Think Mark said a few had been done, was hoping they may be on here and see this, I know Kieron was having problems in general,m not sure what happened there?

maz had it done..........I'm told kierons was 235 with pully upgrade then 250+ with the whizzy manifold he's got on (anectdotal)

When I was going that route I was looking at .8 bar (with upgraded internals) at 1 bar the heat generated by the s/c actually reduced the bhp from that at .8bar (this is what mark told me)

we are hoping for .5/.6 bar with a whizzy ecu . We've cracked the fueling side with adies @ .5bar (.6 would need fuel line upgrade) and will soon have 430cc injectors in stock for those who want that liitle bit more.........

exciting times..........

maz had it done..........I'm told kierons was 235 with pully upgrade then 250+ with the whizzy manifold he's got on (anectdotal)

When I was going that route I was looking at .8 bar (with upgraded internals) at 1 bar the heat generated by the s/c actually reduced the bhp from that at .8bar (this is what mark told me)

we are hoping for .5/.6 bar with a whizzy ecu . We've cracked the fueling side with adies @ .5bar (.6 would need fuel line upgrade) and will soon have 430cc injectors in stock for those who want that liitle bit more.........

Thanks for the reply Dave, so in theory, if I went down the uprated SC route & Prolex manifold I'd also be looking at around the 250 mark?

What is the power output of the car at .5 bar, guessing you mean you're looking at .5/.6 bar with the supercharger?

Have you got any guinea pigs for the pulley upgrade yet?

Thanks for the reply Dave, so in theory, if I went down the uprated SC route & Prolex manifold I'd also be looking at around the 250 mark?

What is the power output of the car at .5 bar, guessing you mean you're looking at .5/.6 bar with the supercharger?

Have you got any guinea pigs for the pulley upgrade yet?

aido - best bet is to look at dark_is200 data as its close to his spec.

We don't have any guinea pigs yet.........................PM me for a chat re costs if you wish.

bhp/bar inc can bite you in the bum. it appears there is no actual dyno evidence we can rely on. I cant say too much publicly but it appears some figures bandyed about are not reliable.

Will have some definate data later today tho.....

Slightly :offtopic: the prolex turbo conversion gives 203 lb/ft of torque @ 3700 rpm...........TTE s/c 164 lb/ft of torque @ 3700 rpm :winky:

Wasn't there someone came on from abroad with it done?

Think Mark said a few had been done, was hoping they may be on here and see this, I know Kieron was having problems in general,m not sure what happened there?

There are 10 stage 1 kits in the field. Keirans supercharger sheared the 3 pulley bolts (a relatively simple repair) after 2 to 3 years of hard service (so this should be considered as a service item) but otherwise we are not aware of any issues with this conversion.

Hello Mark, good to see you back mate, hear the new premises are awesome :D

What sort of performance figures are we looking at with the upgrade mate, I've got bored with the car as she is now and can't find anything really detailing what sort of power increase I'd be looking at with this upgrade?

Just found a really old thread saying Kieran's was around the 270 mark but not sure if that is with or without nitrous?

Thanks mate :)

Hello Mark, good to see you back mate, hear the new premises are awesome :D

What sort of performance figures are we looking at with the upgrade mate, I've got bored with the car as she is now and can't find anything really detailing what sort of power increase I'd be looking at with this upgrade?

Just found a really old thread saying Kieran's was around the 270 mark but not sure if that is with or without nitrous?

Thanks mate :)

i would guess without as he hasnt got nitrous

well not into the engine !!!

i would guess without as he hasnt got nitrous

well not into the engine !!!

:lol:

Sounds even better then, sounds like this upgrade could be the way forward for us SC owners :D

How's the head fella anyway, I didn't sober up fully from our conversation Saturday night until this morning :o

Does it feel much better than standard Kieran?

Think I read you had the manifold at the same time, I'll be doing the same sort of things at the same time so just wondered what sort of difference you noticed - was it like going from NA to the supercharger?

Thanks in advance mate!

dont you have a copy of the sheet?

270hp & 300lbft was on a dyno, but one of those dodgy ramp dynos at a car show so way off the mark. Mark (TDi) has a dyno of it somewhere compared to Si Skippys old car.
was 270 on a dyno or just a guesstimate?? because guesstimate means nothing  - lets see those dyno sheets :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links