Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'concerned Parent'

Mitch

just drove back from stoke-on-trent on the motorway from junction 15 to my junction 14. took the car up to 110 its the first time its been over 95. it was on 110 for bout 20seconds. came home and engine or exhaust smell like they are burning.

is it because the car is new?? its done 1400miles now.

also driving back down to cobridge near hanley down a slightly twisty downhill road an audi was flashing me all the time but i thought it was coz i had my fogs on so i switched them off. i was doin 40mph and just after the audi bout 50yrds further down there was a massive tree in the road. just saw it and swerved left but front part of tree hit the car.

got out to inspect damage but couldn't see anything had no torch either. then tried to warn a coach goin up the way i came but he never stopped and he ran over a box plastic box with milk bottles in it that was just in front of the tree and then he went over the tree. didi not sound nice. ambulance was driving past just after but the ignored me 2 but they stopped just in time, think they would of called cops or someone to move it. cant see much now its back in the garage so have to wait til morning as its got too much mud on front to see.

fingers crossed its nothing. got no stone chips on it yet thankfully. but i am dreading lookin at my baby tomorrow............ :(

hope its gonna be ok :crybaby:

engine or exhaust smell like they are burning.

Quite a few have experienced the "burning rubber" smell after pressing on a bit - exhaust hangers we think.

There was a whole load of posts about it some time ago.

just drove back from stoke-on-trent on the motorway from junction 15 to my junction 14. took the car up to 70 its the first time its been over 65. it was on 70 for bout 20seconds. came home and engine or exhaust smell like they are burning.

is it because the car is new?? its done 1400miles now.

also driving back down to cobridge near hanley down a slightly twisty downhill road an audi was flashing me all the time but i thought it was coz i had my fogs on so i switched them off. i was doin 40mph and just after the audi bout 50yrds further down there was a massive tree in the road. just saw it and swerved left but front part of tree hit the car.

got out to inspect damage but couldn't see anything had no torch either. then tried to warn a coach goin up the way i came but he never stopped and he ran over a box plastic box with milk bottles in it that was just in front of the tree and then he went over the tree. didi not sound nice. ambulance was driving past just after but the ignored me 2 but they stopped just in time, think they would of called cops or someone to move it. cant see much now its back in the garage so have to wait til morning as its got too much mud on front to see.

fingers crossed its nothing. got no stone chips on it yet thankfully. but i am dreading lookin at my baby tomorrow............ :(

hope its gonna be ok :crybaby:

There isn't any large trees in Cobridge,What road was it ?

ps just adjusted the speed to a more realistic one :yahoo:

There isn't any large trees in Cobridge,What road was it ?

ps just adjusted the speed to a more realistic one :yahoo:

chris. say your driving from festival park through cobridge. you go past the chippy and honda is on your right then just after the honda dealer there is a left turn and then an uphill slighty twisty road. well the tree was bout 150yrds after the traffic lights as you go up that road but i was coming down that road from someones house.

and re-adjust that 'more realistic' speed to the ACTUAL speed i was doing which was 40. i've done 80+ down that road in the colt but not in the LEX

all is ok i think though doesnt' seem to be any scratches or damage. probably missed a bit though when i was scanning the front with a magnifying glass :unsure: :duh:

....... smell of burning, I often get that after I've been "nipping" :ph34r: on a bit - I just guessed that it's a general "hot car" smell, - the amount of torque/power being shoved through the back wheels - the T/C struggling to stop you fishtailing etc, never really given it a second thought!

I generally am quite happy to get the "hot car" smell after a good burn out .... man and machine in perfect harmony!!!! :hehe::yahoo: B)

chris- visited my friend today aswell had the sat nav on goin through that road and its called sandbach road.

my friends own a chippy bout 2 minutes away from the BP petrol station. went and played him at fifa 2003 and kicked his ***** 8-3.